Info if possible please on Denford software

CNC related queries on software; firmware; DOS; Windows; parameters; programming; error messages etc.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

suesi34e

Info if possible please on Denford software

Post by suesi34e » Mon 04 Nov , 2013 18:56 pm

Dear all,

I am stuck with my limit of knoledge of Denford software. Firstly, what does the 2.23 software do is it CAM software, control software to work from G code or both wound into one.

Secondly, I have a Triac VMC that I really would like to get going. I am told it was upgraded via a board not sure wich to run on either version 2.0 or 2.1 but I do not have either of those versions. Would it run on the 2.23 version that I have without modification to the goodies in the control box?

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Steve

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Info if possible please on Denford software

Post by Martin » Mon 04 Nov , 2013 23:32 pm

Version 2.0 or 2.1 is probably the eprom number fitted to the control card in the rack. If you open the electrical box it's the card on the left & with the seven segment led on.

When you say v 2.23 I presume you mean VRMilling. If so you can download the latest version 2.31 from the Denford website. If the eprom is Version 2.1 then VRMilling version 2.31 should be fine.

suesi34e

Post by suesi34e » Wed 06 Nov , 2013 20:21 pm

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for your msg.

Yes, that is right I was referring to VR Milling. The machine plate has 2.23 but the Denford CD just has version and a line on the front but there is no writing on the line to tell me what version it is. I never purchased the version 2.23 it came with the machine if it is the CD I have. Will I have to pay to upgrade to the 2.31 or need a password?

The other CD I have is 2D Design Tech Soft Design Tools version 1.22 I guess the produces G code?

Many thanks

Steve

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Wed 06 Nov , 2013 22:13 pm

Hi Steve,

You can download the latest version from the Denford website.

http://website.denford.ltd.uk/index.php ... -downloads

With regards to Techsoft you should have a licence floppy disc that should say "Denford Extensions" but you will also need to find the denford CD "Techsoft 2D Design Extensions"