VR Turning missing files

Help and advice for Denfords lathe control software VR Turning.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

nerdyrcdriver
Hardware/Software: 3x Denford Micromills VR Milling 2.32
3x Denford Microturns VR Turning 1.19 and 1.42

VR Turning missing files

Post by nerdyrcdriver » Tue 05 May , 2015 16:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I am currently restoring 3 denford micromills and microturns. The mills are running great, but I know next to nothing about lathes. With the computers near them, I can get them to jog just fine.

The current problem is transferring the vr turning software over to a newer computer. With vr milling it was easy as I just had to get the flash.ini file off of the floppy disk and point the new install to that. The vr turning version on the old computer is 1.19, but the only download I have found is for 1.42. This isn't really a problem as I have the seckeyfile and that worked correctly. My problem now is that I am having an issue with the software not finding a couple of files.

I get a box that says

WARNING the following files are not present
Machine list file
Machine specific INI file

It used to also include tooling files.

When I click on tooling there are no tools on the top bar and it does not let e actually change anything other than the zeros.

I have tried re installing several times and I have tried replacing the files in the tooling folder. The tool library is full as it should be. I have checked the vrturn.ini file and everything seems to be pointed to the correct folders.