vr turning

Help and advice for Denfords lathe control software VR Turning.

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

sfrance
Hardware/Software: Fanuc om and ot
VR MILL
VR TURN

vr turning

Post by sfrance » Mon 16 Jan , 2012 12:58 pm

On the VR turning software I cannot drag and drop the tooling as described in your tutorial. We have recently installed the software on new machines and wonder if you have encountered this problem.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: vr turning

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 16 Jan , 2012 13:13 pm

Just had a try here on the latest version (1.28)
My tooling was full and I found I couldn't drag some tools in from the library- then remembered that if a tool is already in the tool carousel, you won't be able to drag and drop it again.
I used right-click > remove and took out all the tools, then I could drag and drop from the library, and drag and drop within the tool window to swap their locations.
If you still can't drag and drop you may have to rely on the right-click and insert > menu .

What OS are you using by the way ?

sfrance
Hardware/Software: Fanuc om and ot
VR MILL
VR TURN

Post by sfrance » Mon 16 Jan , 2012 15:19 pm

The software is an early version and not up to date. However we used it on our old computers and it worked fine. We are currently using windows xp. Do we need permission to download the latest version to go with ouir curent licences.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 16 Jan , 2012 18:04 pm

You can get the latest software downloads from our website here and use your existing license.
http://www.website.denford.ltd.uk/suppo ... -downloads

See this about recovering licenses:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2543