CONVERT NOVAMILL TO RUN ON MAC THREE

Information and questions about Denford CNC Control electronics, general electrical issues, cables, diagrams, stepper motors, drives etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

maxamillion

CONVERT NOVAMILL TO RUN ON MAC THREE

Post by maxamillion » Sat 11 Jul , 2020 20:24 pm

Hi there hope someone can help me ,I have a nova mill which i would like converted to run on Mac three .i have no experience with electronics at all so would like it to be converte.
d for me.Can any body point me in the right direction Cheers MAXAMILLION.

TDIPower
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: Starturn 5 (sort of running, I will get this done!)
Lathe cam designer V1.11
Quickturn 2D Design
FANUC offline and online programs.
Microrouter Pro NS V5 (microstep)
VR2 and VR5
Boxford VMC260
Techsoft 2d Design tools V1 > V2
ProDesktop
Fusion 360
Deskproto

Re: CONVERT NOVAMILL TO RUN ON MAC THREE

Post by TDIPower » Sun 12 Jul , 2020 21:43 pm

Just wondering, why change to Mach 3? Have you tried running it using the denford software?

I've never done it but the control in the novamill is pretty much the same for the microrouter, micromill folks have done it before, you would be best searching the posts on the forum about mach 3 and to look in other machines sections too. I have many years of electronics and have looked at doing it myself BUT the denford control is good, software (if you dont have it) is cheaper than a conversion and if you don't have experience of electronics or how to set up mach 3 I think staying stock would be a better option. You would then have a fuller support available on here. However if you know mach 3 and just need someone to take your machine and do the conversion there was someone on ebay offering a conversion service.

Pete