Triac PC backplane

Information and questions about Denford CNC Control electronics, general electrical issues, cables, diagrams, stepper motors, drives etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

fnoble

Triac PC backplane

Post by fnoble » Mon 13 Feb , 2012 23:10 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had schematics available for the 1996 Triac PC backplane PCB? I'm converting a machine to use Mach3 and I want to make up a board that plugs in in place of the Baldor controller so I can leave as much of the original hardware untouched as possible. If this works out I'd be pretty happy to make up a batch of these boards for others if there was some demand. I already have the the pinout that was posted for the Baldor EuroStep (thanks for posting that!) but to do the job properly I really need some more information about the backplane so I can make sure all the features of the machine are implemented properly e.g. the feedrate override, spinde control, coolant pump control etc. I believe these must go to some of the user IO pins on the EuroStep but its hard to work out exactly which ones.

It would also be really handy to get the schematic or at least the pinout of the custom card but I believe other posts indicated that this card was made by Baldor and they weren't willing to publish the schematic. Is this correct?

Many thanks,
Fergus Noble.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Triac PC backplane

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 14 Feb , 2012 11:18 am

These posts should help you:

Parker Digiplan stepper drive manuals
viewtopic.php?t=561
Mach3 running unmodified Triac!!!
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1108
Novamill, first time in cnc (Mach conversion)
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2263
PKS Digiplan with Mach3
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=929&start=0
viewtopic.php?t=2263
Baldor Nextstep Step and Direction pins - 96way connector
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2264
Baldor eurocard schematic and 96 way pinout
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2119