The New VMC 1300

All info relating to the Denford VMC1300 and VMC1300 Pro CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Triac whizz
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

The New VMC 1300

Post by Triac whizz » Mon 23 Apr , 2007 19:07 pm

I was looking at the specs on the New VMC, I see it has a much greater X travel than the Triac, though what happened to the Y? and how comes 125mm of X travel disappears with an ATC? that doesn't sound like many people will want ATC :( (so not many s/h examples will be available :wink: )

:idea: SOooo if I got my hands on a new VMC table and a longer ball screw would it fit my Triac?? :idea:

pssst got any pictures of the ATC? I understand it's different than a Triac
Self Catering Lodges in Central France with covered pool & large grounds
www.la-coterie.com

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 24 Apr , 2007 9:29 am

The X travel is lost with the ATC option, because the new toolchanger fits to the end of the table.
This new toolchanger design reduces cost significantly, and remove the need for an air supply to the machine.

I don't know about the new table - its designed for use on linear bearings, so guess would need a lot of work to remove your dovetails :(

Triac whizz
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Triac whizz » Tue 24 Apr , 2007 11:47 am

The X travel is lost with the ATC option, because the new toolchanger fits to the end of the table.
Hmmm, and I guess cos the carousel will hit the inside of the cabinet, seems a lot of wasted travel though :cry: (I understand you can detatch it but that defeats the object of having ATC...)
I don't know about the new table - its designed for use on linear bearings, so guess would need a lot of work to remove your dovetails
Or machine dovetails in the VMC one.... :? something for a cold winter night.... maybe...
www.la-coterie.com

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 24 Apr , 2007 12:24 pm

Why a new table anyway ?

Is yours peppered with little faux pas :lol:

Triac whizz
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Triac whizz » Tue 24 Apr , 2007 20:18 pm

Is yours peppered with little faux pas
cor you'll be wearing a beret next and peddling a bike with a strand of garlic around your neck wearing a black & white stripey tee shirt :lol:

My table is completely free from little false steps & as good as the day it left your factory 8)

I just liked the longer travel on the new VMC :) It's rather like marriage - you get married then along comes another woman with longer legs & bigger ****........ c'est la vie :?

longer travel would make it easier to cover the floor (& me) in coolant :lol: ah well it's a future possible project unless I find a Zerocentre at the right price :?
www.la-coterie.com

clarkea1

Post by clarkea1 » Thu 26 Apr , 2007 17:00 pm

Just out of interest (unless I start selling a kidney or something) what's the list price of the basic machine? And dare I ask how much the toolchanger adds to the cost?

Cheers

Alastair

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 26 Apr , 2007 17:03 pm

You better ring sales 01484 728000

Publishing prices is tricky because of agent percentages etc..