TDS 29 DRILL SHARPENER

All info relating to Viceroy machines - Lathes, sharpedge, drills etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

GOLDTHORN
Hardware/Software: WINDOWS 10

TDS 29 DRILL SHARPENER

Post by GOLDTHORN » Tue 23 Feb , 2021 19:10 pm

I have acquired a box of parts for one of these machines that I would like to restore / re-create for my home workshop. I am missing some major parts - particularly the 6 jaw chuck , the spindle housing and parts of the compound slide mechanism. I can see that Andy B has posted a large quantity of drawings on here , but there are some parts for which Andy doesn`t have the original drawings. Is there any possibility that other drawings are elsewhere or with someone else ?

Also , does anyone have one of these machines - or know of one - that I could possibly look at and make a few sketches to` reverse engineer` the illusive parts ?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated !!

Thanks.

MARK

GOLDTHORN

Re: TDS 29 DRILL SHARPENER

Post by GOLDTHORN » Tue 04 Oct , 2022 18:03 pm

Still looking for a few more drawings for the Drill Sharpener so that I can reconstruct the machine from the collection of bits I have .

Andy B . has in the past posted most of the drawings on this forum and he did find the G A drawing which is very useful .

Also does anyone know of one of these machines I could have a look at ?

Any information would be much appreciated .

MARK
BRIDGNORTH

GOLDTHORN

Re: TDS 29 DRILL SHARPENER

Post by GOLDTHORN » Wed 05 Oct , 2022 13:36 pm

Hello .

I am still hoping to reconstruct the parts I have for the Viceroy Drill Sharpener TDS29 .

AndyB has posted virtually all the original drawings he has found on this forum and even found the General Arrangement which is all very helpful - many thanks .

There are one or two illusive drawings missing - has anyone come across anything more relating to this machine ?

Or has anyone got one of these machine OR know of one I can look at ? They seem a pretty rare item !

Any assistance would be much appreciated .

Thanks .

MARK RIGG