Synchro 280 lathe and accessories for sale

All info relating to Viceroy machines - Lathes, sharpedge, drills etc...

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

rpwilson
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
Hardware/Software: None. I own a pre CNC Denford 280 Synchro lathe.

Synchro 280 lathe and accessories for sale

Post by rpwilson » Mon 21 Oct , 2019 12:24 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right place or not, but is anyone interested in an imperial translation gear set which enables the cutting of imperial threads on a metric Synchro 280? Its the complete kit which just bolts on in place of the metric gear quadrant, takes just a few minutes and has extra gears to do 28 imperial threads from 4 to 56 TPI plus fine feeds down to 5 thou per rev. £100 plus carriage, otherwise collection from near Worcester.

Note- this won't fit any of the TDS 5" lathes, they need a different set up, its only for the Synchro.

Also got a taper/copying attachment made to Denfords original drawings to fit the Synchro, but I think it will fit the 5" lathes. There are 2 machined pads on the back of the bed (probably painted over) that this attachment fits to. £150

Synchro 280 lathe with inverter, runs off 13amp household supply, in regular use. Well equipped, original burnerd 3 jaw and 4 jaw chucks, original faceplate and catchplate, additional 8" slim body burnerd 4 jaw, and 9" faceplate. Long slotted cross slide. Everything works as it should. Looking for around £1000, collection only.

Photos by email, I don't know how to put them on here.
Selling here as a result of having been messed around by an ebay buyer.

Richard Wilson

Sinbad
Hardware/Software: none

Re: Synchro 280 lathe and accessories for sale

Post by Sinbad » Thu 21 Nov , 2019 12:56 pm

Hello Richard,
Just seen your post, I would be interested in your extra 4 jaw if you wanted to sell it separately and assuming it would fit my lathe. I have a 1984 280 Synchro with 8 speed imperial gearbox setup.
Regards
Michael Price

rpwilson
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by rpwilson » Sat 23 Nov , 2019 9:18 am

Hi
Assuming that your Synchro has D1-3 spindle nose, then yes, my 8" 4 jaw will fit yours. Having been disappointed in the lack of interest in the lathe with all its equipment, I'm starting to sell off the bits separately, so the 8" 4 jaw, large faceplate, catch plate, fixed steady, travelling steady, micrometer bed stop, spare cross slide are all available. I'm looking for £60 for the 4 jaw. Where are you based, its a heavy item to send. I'm near Worcester.
There is also the translation set for cutting imperial threads, but that won't be any use to you if you've already got an imperial lathe.

Regards

Richard Wilson

rpwilson
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by rpwilson » Sat 23 Nov , 2019 9:45 am

It might be best to email me direct on richardpwilson61@yahoo.co.uk.

Regards

Richard