Versa laser vl-300, not switching on.

Help, advise and examples created by the Universal Laser Systems (ULS) VersaLaser laser cutting / marking machine supplied by Denford

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

samba987

Versa laser vl-300, not switching on.

Post by samba987 » Tue 15 Jun , 2021 13:11 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having with a vl-300 laser machine. I recently purchased it but I cant get it running.

We have worked though the machine, we have checked the power cable and fuses, The USB is plugged in and gives a green light on the back of the machine. But the switch on the front doesn't work. and nothing powers up.

We have opened up the machine and the board inside has a flashing green LED. If we take the plug/ cable (Photo below) from the board next to the fuse the two Power units power up and the LED stops flashing.

Does any one have any ideas on what could be wrong? or what we could try next?

Many Thanks, Sam
Attachments
SAM_1574.jpg
SAM_1574.jpg (243.76 KiB) Viewed 5842 times

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Versa laser vl-300, not switching on.

Post by Martin » Wed 16 Jun , 2021 9:58 am

Have you installed the ULS software?

samba987

Re: Versa laser vl-300, not switching on.

Post by samba987 » Wed 16 Jun , 2021 11:29 am

Yes, I have the ULS software installed, But the software cant find the laser and device manager doesn't see it either. The USB is powering the laser though as a solid green light appears next to the lasers UBB ports when it is plugged in.

Edit: I have also tried multiple USB cables and fresh installs of the ULS software, but still nothing :(