Connectivity issues

Help, advise and examples created by the Universal Laser Systems (ULS) VersaLaser laser cutting / marking machine supplied by Denford

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

pennygosling
Hardware/Software: Hi

I am running a VLS 3.5 with extraction unit below. The extraction unit has started to make a strange sound about 30 seconds after it is turned on. It sounds as though an internal fan is catching on something inside the casing. After looking the the maintainence manual I am none the wiser about how to tackle this problem. The filters do not yet need replacing.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Connectivity issues

Post by pennygosling » Fri 27 Nov , 2015 3:56 am

I have a Vs3.50 which I am trying to run from a Macbook air running windows 8. There seems to be some sort of intermittent connectivity issue. The machine is disconnecting sometimes immediately after it has initiated. I am wondering if I need to download new firmware for compatibility with windows 8 or could it be a usb2 vs usb3 issue? has anyone else had this problem and resolved it? How can I find out what I need to do to get the machine running consistently again?

Thanks

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Connectivity issues

Post by Martin » Fri 27 Nov , 2015 9:49 am

I would imagine it is a PC/USB issue.

Make sure you have the charger plugged in as the laser requires 5 volts 500 Ma from the USB.

Also check the USB settings on the computer.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3365

pennygosling
Hardware/Software: Hi

I am running a VLS 3.5 with extraction unit below. The extraction unit has started to make a strange sound about 30 seconds after it is turned on. It sounds as though an internal fan is catching on something inside the casing. After looking the the maintainence manual I am none the wiser about how to tackle this problem. The filters do not yet need replacing.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Connectivity issues

Post by pennygosling » Tue 01 Dec , 2015 2:03 am

Ive tried changing the settings and the laser cutter is still disconnecting.

Ive downloaded the new driver so will try that today.