Versalaser VLS 3.50 extraction unit settings.

Help, advise and examples created by the Universal Laser Systems (ULS) VersaLaser laser cutting / marking machine supplied by Denford

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

esk-technician
Hardware/Software: versa laser vls 3.50
techsoft design v2

Versalaser VLS 3.50 extraction unit settings.

Post by esk-technician » Thu 20 Mar , 2014 13:23 pm

Ive had my VLS 3.50 with base mounted BOFA extraction unit running from the same computer for 5 years now. As you can imagine my computer got old and decripid so I have replaced it with a new PC. I have downloaded the software and Drivers which work fine, however on my old computer I had alert boxes that worked along side the extraction unit (5 second count down before activating and 10 second wait before opening after). These do not appear on my new PC neither does it home Z axis on start up. How do I get this back?

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Versalaser VLS 3.50 extraction unit settings.

Post by Martin » Thu 20 Mar , 2014 14:30 pm

You should have a copy of LaserCAM 2D Design. If you run the auto exec file the second option on the install screen will allow you to install the Extraction Alarms. Just tick the boxes including home Z on power up.

esk-technician
Hardware/Software: versa laser vls 3.50
techsoft design v2

Post by esk-technician » Thu 20 Mar , 2014 15:43 pm

Hi thank you that worked but has presented a new problem! When it auto Z's the cutting table it reaches the bottom and tries to keep going beyond and starts to jump the teeth on the belt. I've temporarily reconnected my old PC which works fine yet the table focus at it lowest point is the same on both PCs at 60.3mm. ??? :?

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Fri 21 Mar , 2014 13:22 pm

What version of software are you using?

We have found a similar issue with the latest version 5.37.57.26.