Versa Laser VL300 - Coreldraw

Help, advise and examples created by the Universal Laser Systems (ULS) VersaLaser laser cutting / marking machine supplied by Denford

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

delthor

Versa Laser VL300 - Coreldraw

Post by delthor » Fri 23 Jun , 2006 10:41 am

I have placed our school logo in coral draw but how do i do the following:

1 - convert the lines to either red blue or black so our newly aquired verserlaser 300 can identify and cut it out. The logo colours are green and mouve

2 - having placed the logo in coral draw how can i convert it to Techsoft 2D design

delthor

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 23 Jun , 2006 15:36 pm

You can try this CorelDraw palette file:
http://www.denfordata.com/downloads/vl.cpl

-It has come from Version 10, so I don't know if other versions will recognise it.
Anyway - go to menu Tools -> Palette Editor and press the open file (disk) icon. Then browse to wherever you put the above file vl.cpl. You will then have the exact colours required to cut or engrave with the versalaser.
There is also a standard palette called "Custom Spot Colours" which looks like it will also work - the Versalaser just requires the colours being printed to be either greyscale (white to black) or solid blue (RGB 0x0000FF) or solid red (RGB 0xFF0000)

Black or grey will give raster engraving
Blue will give vector engraving
Red will give vector cutting (depth depends on material selected)

You will not have to convert your logo into Techsoft as you can print directly from CorelDraw to the VL300
If you did want to do this then I recommend you export the design as a DXF file and import it into Techsoft. You can use windows cut (from CorleDraw) and paste (into Techsoft), but I find this method looses accuracy and dosn't always convert curves properly.

Hope this helps

PS Send us some files or images , and I'll post them on the projects forum so others can see how you are using the machine

:P

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Mon 26 Jun , 2006 8:25 am

The questions you are asking are realy related to training required for Corel.

There are several options but all will require some work.

What format is the log in when you import it? If it is a JPG or BMP then there is no vector data available to engrave around. All that the laser would be able to do is treat the image as a greyscale file and raster it.

You need to do some work with the image. You probably have the corel application corel trace. This will trace a vector line around areas of colour these can then be given a colour (red for cutting blue for engraving).

To get the file into Techsoft you would Export the file as a DXF then file import DXF into Techsoft.

Again unless you work on the data it will not help you much.