All info relating to the Denford Turn270 and NewTurn270 CNC lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Germy
Hardware/Software: NewTurn 270NS
WIN 8.1

How to move a 270

Post by Germy » Tue 02 Dec , 2014 21:44 pm

Hi there,

I scored a 270. The only problem is that it has to go throuth a really narrow door and I don´t have the 4 men needed to do the lifting.
The idea was now to take it apart that two blokes can handle it.
The white bit of the cabinet has to come off to fit it throuth the door. Apart from that I´m now wondering what else to take off? I´d like to limit the work needed to do all the alignment later on but have big chunks that I can handle easily.
Thought about taking of the motor, the tool changer and the head stock including the chuck. Would that decrease the weight to what two average people can handle?
Is there anything that I shouldn´t touch as it would result in days of work to have it all aligned?
In all the paperwork I found it says that she weighs in at about 140kg. For some reason the sticker on the machine says 180kg??? What is correct?
Would be great if anyone could help me :D

Regards

Germy
WIN 8.1

Re: How to move a 270

Post by Germy » Sun 07 Dec , 2014 22:16 pm

All right, I´ve striped her partially.
I´m now at the point that I´ll have to take off some more heavy casted parts.
The thing is that I´m thinking that the whole lathe could come off in one piece, if I take off the machine bed that is attatched to the two collums welded to the grey tray.
I found two screws. The allen screw goes right through the machine bed (green circle) and for my understanding keeps the lathe in place and the other one (red circle), well I got no idea what it is for. Looks to me like it is a grub screw and the thread is in the machine bed. What is it good for?
If I unscrew the 4? allen screws, will the whole lathe come off? When I put it back together, is there anything I have to adjust? Or is it all set when I put it back together?

I hope someone is able to help me, as I´d like to shift her sometime this week as I can´t wait to fire her up for the first time :mrgreen:
Attachments
Denford Forum.JPG
Denford Forum.JPG (487.24 KiB) Viewed 10886 times

angel-tech
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: .....
4 Quatros
3 Oracs
2 Easiturn atc
12 station lathe atc
Mach 3

Post by angel-tech » Sun 07 Dec , 2014 23:14 pm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hydraulic-Pla ... 2346696bed

shop around i got mine for £125 and it lifts 450 kilos

TDIPower
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: Starturn 5 (sort of running, I will get this done!)
Lathe cam designer V1.11
Quickturn 2D Design
FANUC offline and online programs.
Microrouter Pro NS V5 (microstep)
VR2 and VR5
Boxford VMC260
Techsoft 2d Design tools V1 > V2
ProDesktop
Fusion 360
Deskproto

Post by TDIPower » Sun 07 Dec , 2014 23:46 pm

could you use rollers to get you through the door way? Just some length of 1" dia bar in the same way 'we' moved them big stones for that henge.

To keep low to the ground how about a few skate boards

Germy
WIN 8.1

Post by Germy » Mon 08 Dec , 2014 9:28 am

Unfortunatelly I have to take it apart as there is no way to shift it in one piece.
The only thing I´m now wondering really is what the grub screw is for. :?: :?: :?:

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Mon 08 Dec , 2014 13:53 pm

Just asked in the factory.

The grub screw allows for fine adjustment during build. It may also have isopd between the casting & plates. If you can avoid stripping it down it would be muck easier.

Germy
WIN 8.1

Post by Germy » Wed 17 Dec , 2014 12:29 pm

Cheers Martin!
Yesterday she got moved and I unfortunatelly had to take the whole bed off.
I marked the screws and will just tighten them until the lines match up. Was unfortunate but it had to be done :(
For the move I had to take off some wires as well.
I got her back together, the only thing is that the spindle doesn´t want to start turning :?
What I took off was the wires for the steppers, the two wires for the turret, the four wires for the homing switches and the wires of the encoder and the four wires within the motor.
Everything is working fine exept for the spindle.
When I hit the button for making the spindle turn I can hear a relais clicking but that is it. The inverter displays 'stop' for the whole time and that´s it. Nothing turning.
I can´t really see the connection between me taking off the wires and the spindle now not turning but it worked before so something must be wrong.
Any hint you could think of is highly appreciated.

Regards
Germy

Germy
WIN 8.1

Post by Germy » Wed 17 Dec , 2014 13:12 pm

She is running :delirious:
I turned that little thing in the centre where the handle for the door is from unlock to lock.
I got one more question regarding the inverter:
Does that one have this I think it is called vector control? The control type that gives it lots of power even with slow revs?

Regards
Pretty happy Germy :D