Turn 270 Pro auto tool changer not aligning

All info relating to the Denford Turn270 and NewTurn270 CNC lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

smartroad
Hardware/Software: Router 2600/Pro

Turn 270 Pro auto tool changer not aligning

Post by smartroad » Fri 22 Feb , 2013 16:27 pm

Hi,

I am trying to get the schools Turn 270 going but am having serious issues with the auto tool changer. When it changes tool it normally makes a click, then reverses direction, followed by a 'growling' noise when the tool is located correctly (I assume as the the system stalls the stepper motor). However at the moment I am unable to get it to align no matter how much I adjust the grub screw on the side.

I have been able to get it to align but then the next time the system homes the axis' it spins to tool 1 and looses its position again.

This seems to be a constant problem every time I use the machine. I can get it set up once, use it, turn it off until the next time and have to set it all up again. This can't be right?

What am I missing/getting wrong?!

Kelvin

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Turn 270 Pro auto tool changer not aligning

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 22 Feb , 2013 16:53 pm

The first thing to be aware of is that the turret must be revolving when you adjust the grub screw.
Adjusting the grub screw only affects the centre height of the tool.

There are two switches running on plastic cams inside the turret...one for each position and one for home position(ie, station 1). If these are out of line the turret may reverse back at the wrong time and not lock up properly. When the machine is homed out the turret should spin until it sees the home switch (inside the turret) then reverse back onto the locking plate (inside) This position is then set as station 1 and all other stations are counted by the other cam-switch when different stations are asked for.

smartroad
Hardware/Software: Router 2600/Pro

Re: Turn 270 Pro auto tool changer not aligning

Post by smartroad » Sat 23 Feb , 2013 12:54 pm

Okay thank you. I'll have a look on Monday. It does sometimes lock right but other times it doesn't at all.