Z offsets

All info relating to the Denford Turn270 and NewTurn270 CNC lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

fhenes

Z offsets

Post by fhenes » Wed 23 Nov , 2011 12:04 pm

Hi. The tool offset on the machine I have were all set up over summer for the current tool set up I am using. Up until recently it has run perfectly for various different components produced using Quickturn 2D Design. When I have re-opened a file and run it the lathe has tried to cut 4-5mm into the workpiece rather than on the end of it. It should start with the lh tool 40mm away from the chuck - the workpiece offset is 173. I have tried restting the workpiece offset, but no luck. The Z readout on the program appears to be telling it to start at 177mm despite this program having been drawn with a billet size of 40mm and the program having run successfully to produce the workpiece before with no problems. The tool offset is 4.04mm for the lh tool - but the tool offsets being used are the setup programmed over summer and these have not been changed or altered since.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Z offsets

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 23 Nov , 2011 12:14 pm

It might be worth changing to a different tool then back again... Just to be sure the tooloffset has been activated (seeing as it sounds to be out by the same amount as the tool offset)

fhenes

Post by fhenes » Fri 25 Nov , 2011 12:22 pm

Hi. Thanks for your help.
I've tried changing the tool and then changing it back to tool one - no luck and tried starting the program from a different tool so the program had to change the tool - still no luck....

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 28 Nov , 2011 11:28 am

I can only imagine the work offset has changed then.

Could you do a screenshot (ALT+PrintScreen) which shows the axis positions (program, actual and distance to go) plus the tool offset windows with advanced info, and the workoffset window.
Alternatively, go to the menu Help>Support Me! and copy/paste the text shown there into your reply. This may let us see what is going on.