Mach3 on ORAC & Triac

All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Horologica

Mach3 on ORAC & Triac

Post by Horologica » Fri 02 Feb , 2007 17:18 pm

I am considering convertin an ORAC and a TRIAC to Mach3 operation with Ghecko or ARC Euro drivers.
Has anyone done this and are willing to share the set up info such as leadscrew pitches ans belt gearing for any of the axes.
How did you manage the limit switches and spindle sync. etc
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Brian

davidimurray
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by davidimurray » Mon 05 Feb , 2007 10:30 am

Hi

Certainly is possible. You can almost certainly se the original stepper drivers if you want. See my thread on my Starturn conversions for more details. If you do decide to change the stepper drivers go for Gecko's. The other drivers you see that appear to be similar to Geckos are often cheap copies that have been reversed engineered - mistakes and all!

In terms of limit switches it should just be a case of splitting out the wiring to put all the switches in Parallel instead of in series. That way you can have 5v logic for the computer inputs, while maintaining 12V for the estop realys.

Pulley ratio and leadscrew pitches shouldn't be a big issue in Mach. You can auto-calibrate so that it will work it all out for you.

On the spindle sync, you can use the original Orac interface board mounted in the headstock and connect that to your breakout board.

Cheers

Dave