i need a draw bar for a triac atc 1990!!.......

All info relating to the Denford Triac series of CNC milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

-=PAB=-
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

i need a draw bar for a triac atc 1990!!.......

Post by -=PAB=- » Tue 01 Aug , 2006 23:24 pm

anyone who wants to sell the above or knows where i can get one please let me know. cheers 8)

phoned denford they r useless...

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 02 Aug , 2006 12:05 pm

Denford are on holidays at the moment so the right people aren't available

Someone will know what you want and if it can still be purchased

post a picture to technical @ denford. co .uk
so everyone knows exactly what it is you're after

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Draw Bar

Post by Martin » Wed 02 Aug , 2006 17:41 pm

Hi Pab,

What is wrong with your DRAW BAR???
Have you managed to remove it.

You may be able to reuse the original draw bar

Regards

Martin Ironmonger

Service Engineer, Denford Ltd.

-=PAB=-
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by -=PAB=- » Wed 02 Aug , 2006 18:35 pm

the dowel pin is through the spindle is badly worn and the draw bar has jammed against it and part of the slot the dowel locates in has broken away. also the top taper is worn. the draw bar is hardened and would be difficult to re-machine to a good standard.

someone from denford was supposed to ring me - that was 3 days ago- someone must know how to order spare parts there :?: :?: :?: :?:

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Thu 03 Aug , 2006 14:53 pm

Ordering spares from Denford is simple enough. All you have to do is tell us what you want and we can give you a price and delivery date (IF THE PART IS NOT IN STOCK AND HAS TO BE MANUFACTURED). You then send us a check and we will ship the goods.

The difficult bit with a machine the age of yours is knowing what bits you need. I have asked ADMIN to post an assembly drawing of the spindle so you can see what the parts are numbered (so what you need to order).

There is a chance that the spindle design could have changed since your machine shipped.

Once you know what you want if you e-mail me I can check the system for stock and pricing, or you can call sales.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 03 Aug , 2006 15:32 pm

Here is the detail drawing of the Triac drawbar with part numbers:

As I understand it, there are internal differences between older version which had drive dogs on the spindle and oriented the spindle for toolchanging, as opposed to the newer machines which didn't

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Fri 04 Aug , 2006 17:01 pm

The PNC3 Triac used spindle orientation when performing tool changes, & therefore has a "v" on the top of the bar to assist with alignment. In the UK we now remove all the drive dogs from the spindle nose & ATC arm. Then the inverted "v" attached to the Brower unit can be removed. The circular blocks that attach to the springs on the ATC arm also need to be changed. The new ones are larger.
The spindle will still orientate when performing tool changes but it no longer needs to line up.