pulley for starturn 4

All info relating to the Denford StarTurn CNC lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

rab4steam

pulley for starturn 4

Post by rab4steam » Mon 09 Jul , 2018 20:19 pm

hi all
i am at the moment converting a denford starturn 4 to Mach 3 using all modern electronics from cnc4you which is coming along nicely
the starturn i bought was only a part machine with some parts missing , i am now rebuilding & cleaning the bed and headstock but i am short of the poly v pulley that fits on the end of the spindle . i know that the pulley has 6 grooves , has a bore of 16mm dia but do not know the outside dia of this item all i want is to be able to run up to a max speed of 1800 to 2000 rpm
hope somebody on this site can help me & maybe tell me of a firm that can supply this item
all the best
robert
Denford Orac cnc Lathe
Denford Easiturn Lathe with a Fagor 8020 TG control system also fitted with a biffaldi 6 station tool changer

TDIPower
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: Starturn 5 (sort of running, I will get this done!)
Lathe cam designer V1.11
Quickturn 2D Design
FANUC offline and online programs.
Microrouter Pro NS V5 (microstep)
VR2 and VR5
Boxford VMC260
Techsoft 2d Design tools V1 > V2
ProDesktop
Fusion 360
Deskproto

Re: pulley for starturn 4

Post by TDIPower » Wed 11 Jul , 2018 22:59 pm

The way to work it out is find out your max motor rpm (should be on the label) look at the dia of the motor pulley, and a bit of maths.
My ST5 has a max motor rpm of 4000 and max spindle rpm of 1800. I think the speed control is limiting the motor rpm to 3600 as the pulley set up is 2:1

rab4steam

Post by rab4steam » Thu 12 Jul , 2018 6:17 am

hi
thank you for your reply to my posting , i will have a look at the motor label today
all the best
robert
Denford Orac cnc Lathe
Denford Easiturn Lathe with a Fagor 8020 TG control system also fitted with a biffaldi 6 station tool changer

worksbysolo
Hardware/Software: Denford Startum 4

Post by worksbysolo » Wed 31 Oct , 2018 1:45 am

Hello rab4steam,

I just found this recent post of yours. I am in the process of acquiring a Denford Startum 4 lathe. I am familiar with Mach3 and would like to convert the lathe to be controlled by it. Can you point me to any helpful resources that you may know? Thank you!

Best,

Bernie

rab4steam

Post by rab4steam » Wed 31 Oct , 2018 7:16 am

hi
i have just got my converted starturn 4 to the stage of being ready to start producing some of my products
as i have said before all my parts came CNC4YOU have a look on there website , delivery of goods i ordered was within 3 days which i thought was very good service
i bought :
stepper motors X 2 off
stepper drivers x 2 (5045)
36 v power supply
12v power supply
breakout board
i have also used proximity switch's for the 2 homing points & also for the spindle speed /threading pick up
i will see if i can post some pictures this evening for you to look at
all i will say is there isn't a lot of room underneath the machine to fit all the bits
all the best
robert
Denford Orac cnc Lathe