Need drivers for a Denford Starturn 4

All info relating to the Denford StarTurn CNC lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Need drivers for a Denford Starturn 4

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 21 Jun , 2011 9:48 am

Try this page:
http://www.machsupport.com/documentation.php

and the "Mach3Mill Install and Config Guide" will help you understand what's required to retrofit a stepper CNC machine

alphaindustry

Post by alphaindustry » Mon 08 Aug , 2011 13:46 pm

Dear Sir!

As you know that I am running my Denford Triac VMC milling with FanucMD according to our previous discussion I am having some problems while using this software.
The errors are mentioned below.
1)This software does not support the plane selection command i.e G17, G18, G19.
2)when I give compensation command i.e G54 it does'nt accept any given value but always compensates only 2mm as default.
3)While Datum setting I use command i.e "G92 X0 Y0 Z0" but its only sets X and Y as Datum 0 and Z axis remains the same due to which its very difficult to use peck drilling, boring cycle, threading cycle etc.
Can you please suggest any solution for my problems ?
Best Regards
Kamal

Mr Magoo
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Mr Magoo » Wed 10 Aug , 2011 21:30 pm

1)This software does not support the plane selection command i.e G17, G18, G19.
FANUCMD software does not support plane switching function. You can only work in the XY plane.
2)when I give compensation command i.e G54 it does'nt accept any given value but always compensates only 2mm as default.
FANUMD does not support G54. Instead, you can set the work offsets and tool offsets by pressing F9 key whilst in JOG mode (see the manual or help file). The tool offset is automatically applied when you select a tool using example M06 T01
3)While Datum setting I use command i.e "G92 X0 Y0 Z0" but its only sets X and Y as Datum 0 and Z axis remains the same due to which its very difficult to use peck drilling
I do not know PECK drilling so can not comment. However I suggest you use the F9 key to set workpiece offsets (not the G92 function).

Summary: tool offsets and work offsets are a little different in the FANUCMD software to the real FANUC controller. Use the F9 function whilst in JOG mode to set the offsets.