Starturn 8

All info relating to the Denford StarTurn CNC lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

robtjhill

Starturn 8

Post by robtjhill » Wed 21 Oct , 2009 12:39 pm

Hi all

I have a starturn 8 made in 1988 running on a dos system that came with the machine which i just recently purchased.
I am having a few problems which i hope someone can shed some light on.

I am unsure if i am running the correct software or the correct version of starturn?

When using the machine the revs and also the feed cannot be changed it only gives me top revs/speed or bottom revs/speed what is the cause of this?

Also i get halfway through setting up or editing a program and the system disconnects ie drivers (Very Annoying)

Hope somebody has got the knowledge and the time to help as i am also trying to learn dos as i am going (headache)

cheers

rob

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Starturn 8

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 21 Oct , 2009 13:44 pm

There look to be a couple of versions of software you could try:

http://www.denfordata.com/downloads/dos ... LD_DOS.zip or the one in here:
http://www.denfordata.com/downloads/dos ... FTWARE.zip

robtjhill

Post by robtjhill » Wed 21 Oct , 2009 16:56 pm

How do i install this software ?

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 22 Oct , 2009 9:12 am

You don't install the files, they just existed on a floppy disk which the system booted up from.

robtjhill

Post by robtjhill » Sun 25 Oct , 2009 17:41 pm

I think there is something up with my computer as the software keeps freezing even running from floppy disk on a dos computer.

I have now installed dosbox onto a computer with xp and run the starturn software and it runs ok until i connect the machine in manual mode, i think its the settings for the com port that are wrong can anybody tell me the com port settings to connect to starturn 8

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 26 Oct , 2009 10:53 am

I think this post will help:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=806
It looks like he had similar problems - he mentioned writing a guide, so maybe you could ask him if he ever got around to it...