Problem with my spindle not starting

All info relating to the Denford ORAC CNC lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Smarttowers
Hardware/Software: Denfird Orac

Problem with my spindle not starting

Post by Smarttowers » Mon 04 May , 2020 20:40 pm

I just joined the forum i purchased a orac lathe from a local college auction and after found this forum. I'm currently having issues and hope one of the members may be able to help me.

I had issues with my limit switch on the x axis after i first purchased my orac lathe. I was using the l.s. override to be able to run the steppers manually. At this time i could turn the spindle on. When i was holding the l.s. override down i smelled magic smoke. I stopped pressing the override. I have since fixed the limit switch issue. But now i am unable to get the spindle to start. I checked the fuses and the 2amp fuse was blown. I replaced it and tried it again. Immediately obliterated the fuse filament. And still no motion from the spindle. 

Does anyone know what the 2amp fuse goes to? And does anyone more familiar with the orac have any suggestions or thoughts that might point me in the right direction? 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

triac
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Re: Problem with my spindle not starting

Post by triac » Thu 14 May , 2020 14:39 pm

Think you asked this question over on the iO Groups Denford Orac group, turned out to be faulty diode/s on the 24v PSU to the VFD, they were short cct so causing the blown fuse, glad to say it's now up and running.

Triac

Smarttowers
Hardware/Software: Denfird Orac

Re: Problem with my spindle not starting

Post by Smarttowers » Fri 15 May , 2020 17:56 pm

Thank you for filling in here. It did turn out to be bad diodes and after replacing them spindle runs fine.