Orac spindle motor wiring - star or delta

All info relating to the Denford ORAC CNC lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

markgreenslade

Orac spindle motor wiring - star or delta

Post by markgreenslade » Mon 21 Dec , 2009 11:04 am

Hello,

I am upgrading my Denford Orac with more modern electronics and wish to replace the older parajust VFD with a teco 7300cv.
I need to know if the spindle motor is wired in a star or delta configuration and because of where the lathe is situated, its going to be difficult to remove the motor to get at the wiring box which faces towards the rear.
Hopefully its wired delta so I can leave the motor in place.
If anyone knows the answer I would greatly appreciate some help.

Best Regards

Mark

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Orac spindle motor wiring - star or delta

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 22 Dec , 2009 9:59 am

Have asked here, and got this:

Everything I’ve ever dealt with using an inverter has been wired delta, so am guessing Orac is also.
The parajust manual shows delta as well...

markgreenslade

Re: Orac spindle motor wiring - star or delta

Post by markgreenslade » Tue 22 Dec , 2009 10:20 am

Thanks very much for that. I will assume delta and just go ahead and fit the new inverter.

I did think of checking the parajust manual but I am totally blind and rely on OCR to read most printed material and while
I have some sighted help if needed, it can be difficult to direct someone to the appropriate section without first reading it myself.

I managed to get my triac to work with mach3 without difficulty because I could read most of the manuals myself because the seem to have been OCRed into adobe pdf format. Anyway thanks again for the help.

Cheers

Denford Admin wrote:Have asked here, and got this:

Everything I’ve ever dealt with using an inverter has been wired delta, so am guessing Orac is also.
The parajust manual shows delta as well...