Orac programming

All info relating to the Denford ORAC CNC lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

briantodd
Hardware/Software: ORAC

Orac programming

Post by briantodd » Wed 19 Jan , 2011 10:54 am

Hi All
I have been given an Orac and i cant get anything to move,The machine turns on with the fan running at the rear and i can hear relays latch in, I have entered the simple program No1 from the manual but nothing happens with the machine however the display scrolls down the programm and shows axis moving but they dont. are there any obvious things to check like LEDS as all fuses are ok.
Cant wait to get the lathe running awaiting your response
Brian.
Oh im a electrical/electronics technician and am fully familiar with machine tools (I have others Schaublins and deckels etc)

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Orac proramming

Post by Martin » Wed 19 Jan , 2011 21:07 pm

Check the fuses in the back.

The back cover will hinge down if you remove the two corner screws. You should then see the fuse holders in the centre.

briantodd

Re: Orac proramming

Post by briantodd » Thu 20 Jan , 2011 8:06 am

Hi I have checked all of the fuses and they are ok any other advice about voltage detection points on boards or leds on cards, I can hear when i push the green button next to the hand button a high pitch whining.
How do i travel the axis in manual?
Regards
Brian

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Orac programming

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 20 Jan , 2011 16:20 pm

I've added some more manuals and schematics at the top of this Orac forum

briantodd

Post by briantodd » Tue 25 Jan , 2011 13:15 pm

Hi All
I have re soldered some dry joints on the power supply board one on the x axis bridge and the one on the supply fuse, so the question is now all of the leds come on ,on the board to the left when i drop the rear control cabinet cover (The one with the fan on) is the 24v light supposed to go on and off when i open and close the doors the light is off when the doors are closed(that is the led second from left).
Also when i spin the chuck by hand the led on the card to the right blinks with the speed turned so how do i check the electrical drive to the spindle.
Any haelp would be appreciated.
I have the drawings now but still need help to repair the machine
Once again Thanks in advance
Brian

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Tue 25 Jan , 2011 17:52 pm

The LED you are looking at is the spindle encoder. The one next to it should turn off/onn once per revolution.
There are no switches on the front & back covers.

To place the machine in manual power up then press & release the emergency stop button. You should then be able to jog the machine using the arrow keys. If it still does not work press & hold the overtravel button which is located just below the opperator panel & jog the machine off, then release the switch. You can then start/stop the spindle from the opperator panel.

briantodd

Post by briantodd » Mon 31 Jan , 2011 13:11 pm

Hi Cnc Guru
I have had the machine in manual once! but i cant get it into manual again? do i need to press the reset button on the front while pressing x and y axix buttons
I have investigated further and found a 7.5 amp fuse on the power board for the spindle motor blown this i replaced but still nothing.
I have noticed there are no leds on, on the stepper motor drive cards can the whole computer rack be tested?
Thanks in advance.
Brian

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Mon 31 Jan , 2011 19:19 pm

There should be a second axis limit switch overide underneath. Its towards the right. If you press & hold it in then enter manual mode & you should be able to jog the axis to a safe position then release the overide button.

briantodd

Post by briantodd » Mon 07 Feb , 2011 10:43 am

Hi All
I have managed to get machine into manual,The door switches were faulty. Still however no movement on anything. When i press the manual buttons the display shows the axis counting up and down but nothing moves.
From what i can see the stepper motor drive boards leds are off. is there a fuse for them in the enclosure?
I have also got 135v across all 3 phases on the spindle cables but this doesnt change with pressing the buttons on the front for the spindle start, Any ideas apreciated before i go mach 3 conversion.
regards
Brian

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 07 Feb , 2011 10:46 am

I've justs added another document at the top of the ORac forum showing parts and electrical diagrams. Any fuses should be easy to find in the documents