All info relating to the Denford NovaTurn CNC lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

audio.fi
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Spares needed for Novaturn please.

Post by audio.fi » Sun 02 Jun , 2013 8:59 am

Hi,

I have a novaturn that is in need of some spare parts, so if anyone has these items (or indeed Denford themselves), please can you p.m. me and let me know how much you want for them please.

The parts required are :-

Pulley that fits onto the speed encoder. Size is :-

30 teeth and 10mm bore

Pulley that fits onto the z-axis stepper motor. Size is :-

12 teeth and 6.25mm bore.

Belt that goes between the speed encoder and spindle pulley. Size is :-

90 teeth and 9-10mm wide.

I don't know much about these types of components but I believe they are all XL 037 (5.08mm pitch) nomenclature, as the belt for the stepper motor reads "90XL037"

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Spares needed for Novaturn please.

Post by bradders » Mon 03 Jun , 2013 15:07 pm

We have none of these items in stock. We think you have the wrong number of teeth for the encoder belt - it should be 180T we think. The 90T belt is for the Z axis motor. We don't have stock of the 180T belt either. Your local bearing / pulley / belting supplier might we worth a call

audio.fi
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by audio.fi » Tue 04 Jun , 2013 1:44 am

bradders wrote:We have none of these items in stock. We think you have the wrong number of teeth for the encoder belt - it should be 180T we think. The 90T belt is for the Z axis motor. We don't have stock of the 180T belt either. Your local bearing / pulley / belting supplier might we worth a call
Thank you for the reply, but can you be a bit more help please. First of all, I think you have your belt sizes wrong, as I have the original belts for the lathe and have counted the actual teeth twice and it is 90 teeth, The one for the motor has 45 teeth. The encoder belt has no markings on it, but the stepper motor belt does and says 90XL037. I have found that 90 seems to be exactly double the amount of teeth that the belt has so when it says 180 on the belt the actual number of teeth is 90 and the 037 is the width in inches i.e. 0.037 inches or 9.4mm, so I am guessing that the belt should be a 180XL037. Does this sound right ?

I am surprised that you don't have the pulleys though. Can you not point me to a supplier for these pulleys (perhaps the company that you get them from for your current models) as I have searched a lot and cannot find any online that has the exact spec of the pulleys needed i.e. XL with the right teeth and the right bore (the encoder has a metric 10mm shaft I think and the stepper has a 6.25mm shaft which I am guessing would be 1/4 inch). Also, as I do not have the pulleys, I am not sure of the exact dimensions i.e. the depth of the pulleys for instance, so the spec for them would be of help please.

Can someone give me some help with this so that I can find them myself.

audio.fi
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by audio.fi » Tue 04 Jun , 2013 1:50 am

Thank you for the reply, but can you be a bit more help please. First of all, I think you have your belt sizes might be wrong, as I have the original belts for the lathe and have counted the actual teeth twice and it is 90 teeth, The one for the motor has 45 teeth. The encoder belt has no markings on it, but the stepper motor belt does and says 90XL037. I have found that 90 seems to be exactly double the amount of teeth that the belt has so when it says 180 on the belt the actual number of teeth is 90 and the 037 is the width in inches i.e. 0.037 inches or 9.4mm, so I am guessing that the belt should be a 180XL037. Does this sound right ?

I am surprised that you don't have the pulleys though. Can you not point me to a supplier for these pulleys (perhaps the company that you get them from for your current models) as I have searched a lot and cannot find any online that has the exact spec of the pulleys needed i.e. XL with the right teeth and the right bore (the encoder has a metric 10mm shaft I think and the stepper has a 6.25mm shaft which I am guessing would be 1/4 inch). Also, as I do not have the pulleys, I am not sure of the exact dimensions i.e. the depth of the pulleys for instance, so the spec for them would be of help please.

Can someone give me some help with this so that I can find them myself.[/quote]

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Tue 04 Jun , 2013 7:05 am

Ill pass your comments on to our designer who gave me the information

audio.fi
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by audio.fi » Tue 04 Jun , 2013 8:17 am

Thank you for the reply, but I don't understand the reply.

Will I getting any more information on this, i.e. the pulley sizes, and any help on suppliers for those parts ?

Thank you.

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Tue 04 Jun , 2013 8:35 am

I have asked our designer, who gave me the information to reply to you, to check what you have said to see if were can find out why we have the descrepancies.

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Tue 04 Jun , 2013 9:36 am

Z Axis Motor Pulley Denford Part Number ST1/209A or ST1/209B depending on age of machine. Based on 12XL037 Pulley machined to our drawing.
Encoder Pulley Denford Part Number AC100/212. Based on B30XL037 Pulley machined to our drawing.
Encoder Belt Denford Part Number BI00636I - 180XL037.
Supplier Spen Bearings. Contact Manager James Haley or Andrew 01274 851 700.
Attachments
ST1_209B.pdf
(40.34 KiB) Downloaded 738 times
ST1_209A.pdf
(36.67 KiB) Downloaded 705 times
AC100_212.pdf
(34.82 KiB) Downloaded 697 times

audio.fi
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by audio.fi » Tue 04 Jun , 2013 9:40 am

Thank you very much for this information. It is appreciated.

Sincerely.