Hello novamill desk top tutor advice please

All info relating to the Denford Novamill CNC Milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Toolman321

Hello novamill desk top tutor advice please

Post by Toolman321 » Tue 12 Sep , 2017 10:08 am

Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I have been looking at all the information on the site for a while now but I feel it's time I joined because I will more than likely need some help with my project.

I have recently bought a denford novamill in great condition. It did not come with the black box containing the electronics so I'm currently re building one.

The machine came with the desktop tutor keyboard and millcam designer v2 on floppy disk.

I haven't decided on what direction to go with the project yet, but I like to make things and I not afraid of a challenge. I've installed linuxcnc on an old computer and have been figuring out how it works, and I've also had a play around with pathpilot to get the feel of how that works too.

My first plan was to try to use the desk top tutor as an operator panel for linuxcnc/pathpilot but I'm wondering if there's a better way to use this item? Maybe with its original software?

Many thanks!
Lee

TDIPower
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: Starturn 5 (sort of running, I will get this done!)
Lathe cam designer V1.11
Quickturn 2D Design
FANUC offline and online programs.
Microrouter Pro NS V5 (microstep)
VR2 and VR5
Boxford VMC260
Techsoft 2d Design tools V1 > V2
ProDesktop
Fusion 360
Deskproto

Re: Hello novamill desk top tutor advice please

Post by TDIPower » Tue 12 Sep , 2017 21:56 pm

The tutor keyboard if as frustrating as a ZX81 when in use. The more modern control software from denford is windows/mouse based and a lot nicer then having to suffer the membrane keyboard.

Pete

Toolman321

Re: Hello novamill desk top tutor advice please

Post by Toolman321 » Wed 13 Sep , 2017 14:29 pm

TDIPower wrote:The tutor keyboard if as frustrating as a ZX81 when in use. The more modern control software from denford is windows/mouse based and a lot nicer then having to suffer the membrane keyboard.

Pete
Ok thanks Pete