Novamill problem

All info relating to the Denford Novamill CNC Milling machines

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

harriss22

Novamill problem

Post by harriss22 » Mon 06 Sep , 2010 12:30 pm

Hi I'm a technician at a high school in Leeds, we've recently acquired 2 novamills.The kids are designing trinket box lids
and I machine them in mdf, I've done a couple that have machined fine but I've just started to run one and the
machine sets off in the X direction instead of going to the start point that I've set up in the offsets, it seems that it would just carry on and go through the side of the cabinet. We have VR milling ver 2.13. Any help much appreciated.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Novamill problem

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 06 Sep , 2010 14:04 pm

It could be a loose or broken wire to the stepper motor - will it jog in both directions ok?

Also check the correct machine is selected in VR Milling:
Go to SETUP on the main menu bar of VR Milling and then SETUP MACHINE PARAMETERS.
Type in the password denny to access the machine parameters.
Find the correct machine type in the treelist.
Right-click on the machine name and choose "Set as active machine" from the popup menu.

harriss22

Re: Novamill problem

Post by harriss22 » Tue 07 Sep , 2010 10:41 am

Hi I had a fresh look this morning I checked the jogging and that was fine so I reran the fnc file
through vr milling, I wasn't sure at what point previously I'd clicked the button that zeros all
the co-ordinates I think it was in the home position, which makes sense, but I didn't touch
it this time and the work piece machined fine. So..... I'll let you know if I have anymore problems
and thanks for the input.