Mirac Mechanical Parts/Drawings

All info relating to the Denford Mirac lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

kfm36
Hardware/Software: Triac/VRMilling

Mirac Mechanical Parts/Drawings

Post by kfm36 » Mon 24 Jan , 2022 12:52 pm

Hi

I am refurbishing a Mirac PC (March 2000) and am looking for any further documentation on the mechanical parts or assemblies. The operation manual and the other documents available here are great but I notice, unlike the Triac or Orac, there are no documents with assembly drawings and part numbers for the MIrac. Would be useful to know bearings specs etc.

There was a download document with id 2936 that comes up as a broken link to the download section here (when I search for the encoder details), is this relevant or still available?

Kevin

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Mirac Mechanical Parts/Drawings

Post by Steve » Mon 24 Jan , 2022 18:20 pm

Hi Kevin,

I am afraid we have uploaded the drawings that were available.

If you have a specific part requirment let us know and we will see if there are any parts lists we can refer to.

kfm36
Hardware/Software: Triac/VRMilling

Re: Mirac Mechanical Parts/Drawings

Post by kfm36 » Tue 25 Jan , 2022 12:55 pm

Hi Steve

thanks for getting back to me. Specific queries would be

is there a bracket/connection detail for the pneumatic connection through the spindle for the Leader pneumatic chuck (the valve and everything else apart from the chuck have been removed in my lathe)?

is there a chuck backplate drawing/specification for the Mirac (also could use one for the Orac)?

need to check the spindle bearing lubrication, does the spindle have to be extracted to access and grease the bearings and, if so, is the resin ring behind the spindle nose designed to be load-bearing for an outer pipe sleeve, as part of a threaded rod extractor?

have you the spindle/axis bearing specifications and is the spindle preload determined by feel and temperature rise of the bearing housing as per the Orac/Triac

Apologies for all the questions but I need to do a full overhaul at this stage as the maintenance history is unknown

Kevin