Mirac DOS; seek datasheets / manual

All info relating to the Denford Mirac lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

MEA2
Hardware/Software: Mirac DOS

Mirac DOS; seek datasheets / manual

Post by MEA2 » Mon 15 Feb , 2021 19:16 pm

Hello,
I own a Mirac DOS (S/N: E03951; dispatch date: September 1991). The tool was rarely used and is in good mechanical condition. Now I have started to change the electronic to a Mach3 based system. Since there are no label on the stepper motor and the Baruffaldi turret, I was searching on this forum and found a "Electrical Record" sheet for a different serial nomber. On this sheet I found very helpful information. Can someone supply it for my machine?
On the forum I found good information about the TOE80 turret but on my Mirac it seems to be a RH80-6 turret. This two turrets have quite different cycle sequences. Same question, can someone supply a RH80 manual?

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Mirac DOS; seek datasheets / manual

Post by Martin » Thu 18 Feb , 2021 12:00 pm

The 1991 record sheet folder is not where it should be.

Hopefully the attached Mirac electrical record sheet should be similar.
Attachments
MR19020D.pdf
(236.45 KiB) Downloaded 349 times

MEA2
Hardware/Software: Mirac DOS

Re: Mirac DOS; seek datasheets / manual

Post by MEA2 » Thu 18 Feb , 2021 22:48 pm

Martin, thank you very much.
The supply voltage for the turret seems to be 3 x 110V regardless of the 3 x 240V for the spindle motor. Good to know!
The length of the stepper motors should be approx. 2.4 inch, assuming the model key was the same as today. Both fitted motors are 3.7 inch in length. From the green paint they looks originally fitted. However, this is not yet a question, since both motors are running fine.