Hardware/Software: Mirac 1996
VR Turning

Mirac 1996 - VR Turning - modal command issue

Post by welpeur » Mon 19 Sep , 2011 19:17 pm

Serial No: 61011C
Eurocard
WIN98SE
VR Turning 1.2.2.222

We recently picked up this machine auctioned off from Oldham Training College and have rectified numerous issues thanks to the forum and some help over the phone.

The latest issue seems to be a software (or user!) glitch.

When using the editor in VR Turning and connected to the real machine, sometimes the modal commands won't clear (visible in the modal command toolbar) when the program is rerun e.g. after leaving the Auto tab to Jog even though the program is stopped, fully rewound and has modal G codes overwriting at the start of the program. For example, a G96 CSS command halfway through the program sometimes remains active when in jog mode and is not overwritten by the G97 safety cancellation at the start of the program when it is rerun.

Please could someone advise whether I am misusing the software or whether there is an upgraded version that overcomes a known error?

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Mirac 1996 - VR Turning - modal command issue

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 20 Sep , 2011 9:17 am

I'd definately try v1.27 which you can download from here:
http://www.website.denford.ltd.uk/suppo ... -downloads

welpeur
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice
Hardware/Software: Mirac 1996
VR Turning

Post by welpeur » Tue 20 Sep , 2011 10:36 am

Thanks for the reply. I did try downloading this onto a netbook (Windows 7) but it doesn't install correctly and I couldn't figure out the problem is? I think it also requires a registration key?

Also, will this run on Windows 98 SE? And if so, how would be able to load it onto that PC as I'm not sure it will recognise current USB's? (Please excuse my ignorance).

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 20 Sep , 2011 10:43 am

Make a copy of the working version's file VRTurn.ini -this can be open in a text editor and should contain a [flash] section which is the license.
You can then transfer that section to another PC by pasting it into the VRTurn.ini file

The new version of vrturning should work with a USB or RS232 interface - pick Mirac and not MiracNS as the machine type.
It should still work on win98 as long as it has all the latest updates and patches (at the time). I remember IE had to be installed for certain windows libraries to be available to our software.

I guess the netbook has windows starter edition ? It's not something we've ever tried, so there could be some issues getting it to work on a netbook.