Microrouter Pro won't home

All info relating to the Denford MicroRouter and MicroRouter Pro CNC Routers

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

markj

Microrouter Pro won't home

Post by markj » Fri 09 Feb , 2007 15:18 pm

Our Microrouter Pro won't home, all of a sudden. When home is pressed the head 'steps' very slowly in the oposite direction down the X axis. If I overide home using the 'secret' button I can jog the head 3/4 up the X axis where it stops. I can also jog the machine head down the X axis right up and I presume beyond the glass. It's as though the machining envelope has moved 250mm down the machine. Any suggestions?

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Fri 09 Feb , 2007 17:27 pm

It sounds like the X homing switch has failed or stuck.
Thats why it creeps away when you home - it already thinks it has hit the home switch, and is backing off it.

The machine envelope is set by the position of the homing switch. If you use the secret home button, then this by-passes the home sequence.
Wherever the X axis happened to be when you turned on, would become the home position - when using the secret button.

Take a look at the switch - it may have got dust stuck inside it so the contacts can't move.