Microrouter V5 settings

All info relating to the Denford MicroRouter and MicroRouter Pro CNC Routers

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

robertjenkins
Hardware/Software: Denford Micromill 2000

Microrouter V5 settings

Post by robertjenkins » Mon 10 Oct , 2022 9:36 am

Hi
I bought a Microrouter V5 (2004) and am trying to configure it to work with linuxcnc. The previous owner was running it on Mach3, so I imported the Mach XML file. They were:

Motor steps per revolution: 200
Driver microstepping: 1
Pulley teeth 1
Leadscrew pitch 1.575

But on Linuxcnc these cause the machine to move much shorter distances than it should. I assumed that the pitch number was correct (based only on the fact that it seemed very specific) and I increased the motor steps to 500, based on trial and error. Right now I don't have anything to measure accurately enough, but it seems pretty nearly correct. However, this is all very random, and I would really like to know the correct settings, if anyone has them

Thanks

DavidB
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
Hardware/Software: Triac, Orac

Re: Microrouter V5 settings

Post by DavidB » Thu 13 Oct , 2022 22:20 pm

I don't know the Microrouter and don't have one to measure but as no one else has replied I thought I would. The documentation says the steppers are 200 steps/rev which is standard so that indicates to me that the pitch is incorrect which should be easy to check with a ruler, 1.575mm would be an odd pitch. By increasing the steps per rev by 2.5 times to drive it further suggests to me the pitch may be 4mm as 1.575 * 2.5 = 3.94. 1.575" is 40mm, whether that has any significance here I don't know. Can you attached the Mach3 XML file as it may give more information.

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Microrouter V5 settings

Post by Steve » Fri 14 Oct , 2022 10:56 am

The X axis leadscrews will be 1/2" pitch 12.7mm and the Y and Z have 10mm pitch screws. We would have driven the motors in half step mode with 400 half steps / Rev

Does the machine have a seperate stepper drive fitted for the axes if so the steps / Rev could be set there.