control software v machine eprom version

All info relating to the Denford MicroRouter and MicroRouter Pro CNC Routers

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

TDIPower
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Hardware/Software: Starturn 5 (sort of running, I will get this done!)
Lathe cam designer V1.11
Quickturn 2D Design
FANUC offline and online programs.
Microrouter Pro NS V5 (microstep)
VR2 and VR5
Boxford VMC260
Techsoft 2d Design tools V1 > V2
ProDesktop
Fusion 360
Deskproto

control software v machine eprom version

Post by TDIPower » Sat 11 Jul , 2015 0:15 am

Im after some info about the microrouter
I have been made aware of a couple of microrouters that are on the market I would like them for work.
one is circa 2003 microrouter pro with a label that says vr2.19

The other I presume is older as it has an external control box, this one also has a vacuum bed. It has the same bed sizes as the pro but just has microrouter on the label on the front. I don't know what it says on the id label yet.

I was wondering what version of VR milling these would be compatible with or can you tell me what is eprom version/control board version is needed for the different versions of Vr milling.

Thanks

Pete

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: control software v machine eprom version

Post by Martin » Sat 11 Jul , 2015 8:52 am

I think the latest version of VRMilliong 2 is version 2.32 which you can download from our website but you would need a licence key/disk to run it. It would of had a Denstep control card fitted with a 2.0 or 2.1 eprom fitted. It may have been upgraded at some point to VRMilling version 5 & USB at some point so check to see if has a USB bulk head adapter fitted near the RS232 port.

TDIPower
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Lathe cam designer V1.11
Quickturn 2D Design
VR2 and VR5
Boxford VMC260
ProDesktop
Fusion 360
Deskproto

Post by TDIPower » Sat 11 Jul , 2015 22:59 pm

Just to clarify I am looking into these for work (school) I do have some kit at home but keep both well apart

I have the software and licensing for both vr2 and vr5 in work so no issue there. I was just worried the microrouter with the external control box may be a DOS system like my personal starturn 5. I don't want to go done the DOS route for school, but am happy for either vrmilling versions.

Cheers pete

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Sun 12 Jul , 2015 7:45 am

It would have been sent out with Dos software but may have been upgraded. It would be best to check what control card is fitted & if it is a Denstep then what Eprom. If the seven segment LED is red then it is a Denstep & will only run VRMilling if the eprom is a 2.0 or 2.1. If the LED is yellow, green or orange then it is a Nextstep & will run VRMilling. If it is yellow or orange then it should also have a USB connection as well as the RS232 connection.

TDIPower
CNC Guru
CNC Guru
Lathe cam designer V1.11
Quickturn 2D Design
VR2 and VR5
Boxford VMC260
ProDesktop
Fusion 360
Deskproto

Post by TDIPower » Sun 12 Jul , 2015 18:34 pm

Cheers Martin, that's just the info I needed.
I was sure I had seen something like that somewhere on here, but doubted myself when all I could find was the list about which versions of software would run on Win 7 (I can sort out a PC to run any version of windows it was just the DOS control issue).

That is the sort of thing I think would be really good as a fixed bit of info about each machine as I am sure I have seen it asked about many machines. What eprom control board etc would run what software.

Pete