New 2018 Micromill will not connect to computer.

All info relating to the Denford MicroMill and MicroTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

tkscorpio
Hardware/Software: Micromill 2000

New 2018 Micromill will not connect to computer.

Post by tkscorpio » Wed 14 Feb , 2018 16:30 pm

Just received a new 2018 Micro-mill which I have connected via USB. (Software version 5.56?) I have installed the included software but I cannot get the computer or software to recognize the machine. Dell Windows 7 computer. No other instructions were included so I am at a loss as what to do next. I have installed the included software Quickcam 2d design and VR CNC Milling 5 but when I pick a machine through the software it does not connect. Any suggestions as to what I am missing or how to correct his would be appreciated. Thanks

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: New 2018 Micromill will not connect to computer.

Post by Martin » Thu 15 Feb , 2018 21:50 pm

You will need to install the USB Driver.

If you open the Autorun on the VRMilling CD then select either the 32Bit or 64Bit USB driver depending on your computer & agree to the install.

tkscorpio
Hardware/Software: Micromill 2000

Re: New 2018 Micromill will not connect to computer.

Post by tkscorpio » Thu 22 Feb , 2018 16:20 pm

I did what you suggested and actually uninstalled all the software and started over from the beginning. I still get a unrecognized error code. (Code 15874) and then (Must use a SetXXX Link Function) I came across another issue that may be cause but I have no clue at this time. When I turn on the main power to the Micromill machine the RED power button is lit up. According to the manual the light should only be on when the key is turn to the right. My light is always on when the main power switch is turn on. The key seem to activate the something internal in the machine but the magnetic door safety switch does nothing at this time. My older machine would make clicking switch sound to stop the mill like a emergency switch. I starting to believe my machine may have the issues. Any ideas? Thanks