microturn and micromill 2000

All info relating to the Denford MicroMill and MicroTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

pistolshrimp

microturn and micromill 2000

Post by pistolshrimp » Sat 04 Nov , 2006 5:51 am

I bought a micromill and microturn lathe at an auction last weekend. Some problems.

1. No keys for either machine. I saw that keys can be ordered, but are all keys for these machines the same? Could I just replace the key switch with another kind of switch?

2. No software. Can I download the software? What software programs are good for novice machinists (such as myself).

3. The lathe looks like it is missing the "work light". Can those be purchased/ordered? Where? How much? Cheap alternatives? If I need other parts are there any other compatible lathes or mills that could substitute parts for these machines?

4. I also didn't get any manuals or paperwork of any sort. I downloaded the product information but it wasn't very helpful in describing the parts and layout of these machines. Are the manuals or other materials available for download elsewhere?

Hopefully I didn't waste my money on these machines. I am a graduate student in film animation and I want to use the machines to manufacture parts for animation armatures (puppet skeletons). My wife was/is already irked that I bought them so I'd like to get them up and running soon to show her it wasn't a foolish purchase. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I'm looking forward to hearing your responses.

Jason

Triac whizz
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Triac whizz » Sat 04 Nov , 2006 10:42 am

Weren't the older ones powered by a BBC computer?

I believe there's some old DOS software about the site for free download, I believe it uses the serail port to send the data to the machine, there was a recent topic discussing this. I think this was only for sending th e G-code to the machine no fancy CAD/CAM package

If it's a newer version I guess Denford wil be happy to relieve you of the remains of your well earnt cash for what you require :) Although the key switch can probably be hot wired....

Whatever the action required is be prepared for a steep learning curve....

I wouldn't worry about the light until it works ;)
Self Catering Lodges in Central France with covered pool & large grounds
www.la-coterie.com