Denford Micromill

All info relating to the Denford MicroMill and MicroTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Stedmunds

Denford Micromill

Post by Stedmunds » Wed 21 Jun , 2006 12:15 pm

Hi,

I'm the current network manager and we use some denford machines down in technology.

I was asked if i could have a look at the Micromill that has not been used for several years and is not working properly.

I will try to explain the basic problem and the versions we use but anything else i will need help pointing in the right direction.

The Micromill will basically not move either left and right, backwards and forwards and up and down after it reaches a certain point several inches from the base. It is going nowhere near where we want to start the milling. I dont know whether its software based problem or the micromill itself.

We use virtual reality VNC milling software and the machine info states MINT version 2.01.b6/S/B19-JD5. When we start the program and start the machine, a message states that the PC mint is 28.2 and the machine is 214.4, and asks to upgrade which we click yes and it crashes the program.

Sorry for the essay, hope someone can help!!!! :cry:

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 22 Jun , 2006 9:35 am

First try downloading the latest version of VR Milling 2:
http://www.denfordata.com/downloads/VRM ... _31_CD.zip
(sorry but its a 160Mb file )
Could be that the updating mint file crashing was a bug in the version you are running.

As regards the machine not doing what you want/ expect, I really would spend a few minutes looking at the help file to make sure you are setting up work and tool offsets correctly.
Go to menu Help -> VR CNC Milling
Then select the Tutorials

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 22 Jun , 2006 9:36 am

Just another thought - have you got the correct machine selected ?

It tells you at the top of the VR Milling window which is the current active machines.

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Fri 23 Jun , 2006 7:54 am

It sounds like you can jog the slide but are unable to get the full extent of travel?

If this is the case first thing to do is to send the machine home. Then in Jog m,ode jog the slide in any direction and measure the distance moved. Check the positional display and see if it matches.

If not there are a couple of options.

1 You have the wrong machine type selected (check the lable on the side of the machine matches the software machine selected.

2 It could be the machine soft limits or steps / mm have meen changed in the config file. Re installing software would reset this.