PC fails to connect to Microturn

All info relating to the Denford MicroMill and MicroTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

raylyon

PC fails to connect to Microturn

Post by raylyon » Tue 05 Dec , 2006 15:55 pm

have- recently bought 2 microturn , a router and a mill. Router works perfectly , moved onto the lathes and following the same set up steps an error in a yellow window appears stating
1 - machine is not powered on - i know it is.
2 - RS232 cable to electrical cabinet is not connected - i know it is both usb and donggle looking cables are connected
3- Machine parameters are wrong check settings.

These are brand new machines and error appears on both machine set ups - HELP.

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Tue 05 Dec , 2006 17:53 pm

Hi Ray

Where are you located?

The problem could be in the configuration of the software. You say you have a USB connection? Is this on the lathes? If so you do not need to connect to the RS232 unless you are using an old Operating system.

What OS are you using? (the USB driver needs to have somthing beyond Win 98 )

If you have a USB machine have you tried the Easy upgrader Utillity on the installation CD?

Are you setting the machines up on the same computer or different ones?

There are several technical articals that may help but if you provide the requested info we will be able to advise better.

raylyon

Post by raylyon » Wed 06 Dec , 2006 10:13 am

Location Glasgow - Langside College.
I have connected the usb to both lathes as well as the other cable that came with the M/c (serial cable), each lathe has its own PC with windows xp pro ser pack 2.
Purchased site lic for VR CNC Pro and other software that came along with machines,.
Have taken off the electrical panel and green light is on.
The only option that i can think about is the Machine parameters are not set up correctly, but i am unsure of correct configuration.

Once again thank you for all your help.