All info relating to the Denford EasiMill and EasiTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

goonturbo
Hardware/Software: 1984 Denford Easiturn 3

Easiturn 3 monitor flashing/flickering

Post by goonturbo » Fri 16 Sep , 2011 21:20 pm

Hello.

Have just joined the forum today.

I have purchased a 1984 Denford Easiturn 3 from a local machine shop, It has not been used for at least five years, it has been stored in a dry workshop the whole time, so i am told.

Before i go any further i know little to nothing about CNC lathes, i have used a wood lathe a few times but thats as good as it gets am afraid :(

The lathe appears to work ok, the only problem is that when the lathe is first switched on, it Boots into the Denford CNC homescreen after approx 30 seconds, After approx 10 minutes the screen starts to flash and flicker up and down.

I am wondering if anyone could guide me in how to trace the fault with this.

I have looked on ebay and there is a complete control unit inc monitor for £100.00, i am not sure if this would be a good purchase for spares?

Alternatively is it possible in the future to junk the standard control system and retro fit some type of PC/Laptop based control system?

Many thanks for any assistance

Cheers

Dave.

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Easiturn 3 monitor flashing/flickering

Post by Martin » Fri 16 Sep , 2011 23:05 pm

Hi Dave,

You should be able to adjust the VDU on the KME MB12 board.

If you remove the screws holding the control panel housing you should be able to slide it forward & remove it.

The KME MB12 board has several pots on it. Horizontal Hold, Vertical Hold, Contrast, Focus, Bottom Line . There may be a couple more pots but I can't remeber exactly. It souns as though either the H.Hold or V.Hold may need adjusting. If you mark all the pots first you can then try them one by one.

goonturbo
Hardware/Software: 1984 Denford Easiturn 3

Re: Easiturn 3 monitor flashing/flickering

Post by goonturbo » Sun 18 Sep , 2011 21:39 pm

Martin wrote:Hi Dave,

You should be able to adjust the VDU on the KME MB12 board.

If you remove the screws holding the control panel housing you should be able to slide it forward & remove it.

The KME MB12 board has several pots on it. Horizontal Hold, Vertical Hold, Contrast, Focus, Bottom Line . There may be a couple more pots but I can't remeber exactly. It souns as though either the H.Hold or V.Hold may need adjusting. If you mark all the pots first you can then try them one by one.

Many thanks Martin.

Your advice was spot on, Problem cured.

Cheers

Dave.