HELP --- ARNI 829 B inverter

All info relating to the Denford EasiMill and EasiTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

junker398

HELP --- ARNI 829 B inverter

Post by junker398 » Mon 07 Mar , 2011 18:54 pm

Hi

I have an Easimill 3 with this inverter board. It appears to be made by Toshiba from references in google.

It is not mentioned on this forum ( at least a search for ARNI was negative).

Do you have a manual for it?

All my wiring diagrams refer to a Combivert inverter and some .pdfs I was given when I bought the mill refer to a Jaguar IMO inverter, but it is neither of these.

I want to be sure what connects to what before trying to connect it to a speed board.

The wiring diagram is supposed to be A3/200038, but since this specifies Combivert I am not sure it is right.

I have a +24v feed in the black wire (59) coming from the CO2 connector and slightly below this coming from the white wire (58)
This makes no sense to me, the other inverters I have had dealings with just use signal voltages to control (5V).

Any help gratefully received.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: HELP --- ARNI 829 B inverter

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 08 Mar , 2011 11:24 am

I don't recall ever seeing any information on a Toshiba inverter so I guess it's been added afterwards by an end user (to replace a blown Jaguar or IMO)
I can't find any info on them either.

24V DC control voltage is standard on machine tool equipment.
The drive inputs and outputs may use their own internal control supply - so be sure to keep it isolated from the other wiring of the machine.
Or, it may have +ve and 0v common connectors so the I/O circuitry uses your machine control voltages.

Post a photo of the board connectors and we can probably guess what they are for

junker398

Post by junker398 » Tue 08 Mar , 2011 18:08 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply, have sorted it out now.
The inverter board certainly looks like original equipment, fits perfectly. Could not find any info on the net, save that a company will sell you a refurbished one for £575!!

The connections are the same as wiring diagram A3/200038, albeit the abbreviations on the board differ slightly.

What was throwing me was that F(WD) is link wired to ST(ART?), making FWD the default rotation and permanently active.
If you apply a 0-10v feed to REF once the main contactor is engaged, the spindle rotates, there is no spindle enable signal.

Connect ST to R(EVERSE) and the spindle will halt and rotate in the opposite direction.

So to help anyone else who finds themselves in the same puzzling place, the connections from CON2 block inside the PNC3 box are:

Green wire Pin1 - signal common (GND)
Red wire Pin 2 - signal (0 - 10v speed control)
Yellow wire Pin 3 - 10v feed provided by inverter for use with potentiometer control (not used if using speed board)
White wire Pin 8 - Reverse, attach to NO side of speed board relay and will connect on M4 command
Black wire Pin 9 - ST, attach to COM terminal of speed board relay

Everything seems simple once you have found the answer!

cheers

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 09 Mar , 2011 12:49 pm

Thanks for keeping us informed.