Easimill3 PNC3 canned cycles

All info relating to the Denford EasiMill and EasiTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

junker398

Easimill3 PNC3 canned cycles

Post by junker398 » Thu 16 Sep , 2010 13:44 pm

Hi
I have an Easimill3 which came with a pukka Denford loose leaf folder containing the maintenance and programming manual.

This manual describes canned cycles G82, G83 and G84, which are only usable within programs and gives examples.
(Peck drilling, circular pocket and rectangular pocket)

I have a use for these on a current project, but am unable to get the PNC3 to accept any of these G Codes on manual program entry and if I write it on the computer and download, the PNC3 throws an error (Invalid G code) at the relevant line.

When I search the forum for manuals for the Easimill, I find that none of them contain the programming pages I have or make any reference to these canned cycles.

Have I got the wrong manual or am I missing something very basic

cheers

ArcEye

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Easimill3 PNC3 canned cycles

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 16 Sep , 2010 16:01 pm

The easimill PNC3 manual I have dosn't mention G82 G83 or G84 - only G81 which is REPEAT command.

The PNC4 manual does mention G82, G83, G84 so I wonder if you have a newer manual than the machine hardware?

I'll upload my PNC3 easimill manual later today for you to compare...

junker398

Re: Easimill3 PNC3 canned cycles

Post by junker398 » Thu 16 Sep , 2010 17:47 pm

Hi

I ran a diagnostic prior to zeroing and the PNC is v 3.86B 31/1/1985

If you enter G and press enter when manually loading a program it shows G81 as an option but not G82 - 84

I think I must have a PNC4 manual for some reason.

Pity, I have had to write a peck drilling cycle template using G81 and will doubtless have to do the same for circular and rectangular pocketing.
Either that or use a preprocessor to spew out all the lines longhand

Might be converting it over to EMC2 sooner than I planned

cheers

ArcEye