easiturn wiring...... Help!!

All info relating to the Denford EasiMill and EasiTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

diverjohn46

easiturn wiring...... Help!!

Post by diverjohn46 » Sun 08 Nov , 2009 20:55 pm

I've bought an easiturn 3 - great piece of kit, but I'm having some fun tracing the wiring through.

Most of the wiring follows the diagrams in a 'manual' I've bought, but there are a couple of anomalies and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas???.

The manual showed 4 multipin connectors, a 24, 2 x 12 pin and 'connector 4' a 6 pin. It seems to me that connector 4 is in the wiring loom and now connects to pins 9-12 on connector 3. Would this ring any bells? I'm trying to track down the common for the x/z overtravel limit switches which should be cable 33? But, while 33 is in the multipin in the correct place it only seems to go into the saddle connecting box and then disappears off somewhere else! The only answer I seem to have is that it carries on through to the guard limit switches? Would this be that case that it's part of the safety circuit?if this is so, do the limit switches only operate when the guards are in place?

The other little oddity is the feed from the control to the relay for the lubricating pump. This should appear on the 24 way multipin (cable 69 on pin 11) but does not seem to be there at all. Is this now an auto pump that works when the unit is turned on?

Anyone with any ideas? I'm trying to get the unit to work with a Conquerer interface card which seems to be a good piece of kit with a facility for simple manual controls as well as full computer control. The machine was essentially complete but without the PNC3 unit.
The EaziCNC software has allowed me to get things moving but with the limits disabled which is not the way I would like to run and it would be handy to be able to lubricate it too........
:? :?

As an update.....
Still not traced the Lube pump wiring, but I have found the spindle speed encoder wiring ! - it appears on connector 3 using pins 9 to 12, but the colours used don't correspond to any in the manual! the common is green, but need to find out the function of the other 3. Importantly, one of them is the power feed to the transmission side which I believe was a common power feed along with the datum switches. The 6 pin connector in the loom is not the missing 'connector 4'..... ho hum!

diverjohn46

Re: easiturn wiring...... Help!!

Post by diverjohn46 » Fri 13 Nov , 2009 22:28 pm

As an additional question, would anyone ex denford's know if the easiturn might have a lube pump that runs continuously? I have a feeling that it's putting oil through and there are the sounds of a relay working , could it be timed? as there is no sign that the wiring for the lube pump makes it's way up the old PNC3 control!

diverjohn46

Post by diverjohn46 » Fri 13 Nov , 2009 22:31 pm

As an additional question, would anyone ex denford's know if the easiturn might have a lube pump that runs continuously? I have a feeling that it's putting oil through and there are the sounds of a relay working , could it be timed? as there is no sign that the wiring for the lube pump makes it's way up the old PNC3 control!

On a separate subject, I've had the lathe turning some steel today - what a great finish! The EaziCNC that I'm using with the CDE m401 card is pretty simple to programme and i managed to turn down some EN1 to a nice finish and faced off.

Now I know it works, and well too it's time to try and get all the other bits, like the limit switches working!

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Wed 18 Nov , 2009 11:32 am

Sorry it seems like noone can help you here - good to hear it's semi-working though :D

Maybe you can search for other Easiturn members by their posts, and send them a PM ?
I don't think too many members check here on a daily basis, but am sure would be happy to help out if prompted!

diverjohn46

Post by diverjohn46 » Wed 18 Nov , 2009 19:40 pm

Hi Admin, I actually had a PM from a member here who is currently converting one to mach 3 and he gave me some very useful information and confirmed a few guesses I had too!

Lathe is working very nicely thanks, what a great product it is and very well made!

The lube pump is actually wired direct not as on the circuit diagrams, it is on while the lathe is powered - probably a good thing, but must remember to make sure I turn it off!

Just about to get the speed sensors for the spindle sorted, the old one seems dead so two new ones are going in, one to read from the 200 hole circle for speed and one for a single reflective stripe for thread cutting.

Enjoying getting to grips with the Eaziturn software I got with the control card, not to hard and pretty well featured too asking it to cut down to a .500 shaft actually gives a (repeatable) .502, not too bad for the first day, a bit of tweaking with the backlash parameters and tool settings should get it smack on.