easiturn 3 crosslide

All info relating to the Denford EasiMill and EasiTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

ted

easiturn 3 crosslide

Post by ted » Thu 04 Feb , 2010 0:16 am

Moderators, still having no luck finding answers to rewiring the micro switches on my easiturn 3, I have taken photos of the small metal box at the back of the cross slide and could despatch to anyone who may be able to help me. I shall be 80 on march 8 2010 so you can see I am becoming a little anxious. The previous owner told me the location of the YELLOW & RED WIRES but could not remember where the BLUE ones went.
Thank you in anticipation, TED

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: easiturn 3 crosslide

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 04 Feb , 2010 15:26 pm

Despatch the photos to:

Forum Admin
Denford Ltd
Birds Royd
Brighouse
West Yorkshire
United Kingdom
HD6 1NB

I'll post them up on the forum for you.

djc

Post by djc » Fri 05 Feb , 2010 18:00 pm

ted wrote:Moderators, still having no luck finding answers to rewiring the micro switches on my Easiturn 3... The previous owner told me the location of the YELLOW & RED WIRES but could not remember where the BLUE ones went.
Ted,

The blue ones are not used. Tape over or heatshrink the ends so they don't short out on anything.

The microswitches have three wires on them: for Normally Open, Normally Closed and Common. You only need NC and C.

Replacement microswitches are available (inter alia) from RS, part number 317-998.

MHJ

Post by MHJ » Sat 06 Feb , 2010 23:57 pm

Good Evening, Ted.

I'm attaching some photos which may be of help to you.
Firstly junction box on the back of the cross slide, followed by the limit/proximity switch location at the front of the cross slide and also the sliding plates covering the ballscrew, which you asked about somewhere else on this Forum
If you need the terminations & cable numbers in that junction box please let me know.

Regards,
John.
Attachments
crosslide 006.jpg
crosslide 006.jpg (173.2 KiB) Viewed 6038 times
crosslide 005.jpg
crosslide 005.jpg (142 KiB) Viewed 6038 times
crosslide 004.jpg
crosslide 004.jpg (327.02 KiB) Viewed 6038 times
crosslide 003.jpg
crosslide 003.jpg (324.9 KiB) Viewed 6038 times

MHJ

Post by MHJ » Sun 07 Feb , 2010 18:16 pm

Hello Ted,

here are the terminations in the junction box on the back of the saddle on my Easiturn3 :

pink 38 2 thin black wires from saddle & cross slide proximity (datum) switches
purple 39 thin blue wire from saddle proximity (datum) switch
orange 40 thin blue wire from cross slide proximity ( datum) switch
green 33 2 red wires from cross slide overtravel limit switches (There is a link in red wire to the bottom connector which is also numbered 33)
yellow 35 yellow wire from cross slide front overtravel limit switch
red 34 yellow wire from cross slide rear overtravel limit switch
blue 37 yellow wire from saddle rear overtravel limit switch
white 36 yellow wire from saddle front overtravel limit switch
red link from 33 above 2 red wires from saddle overtravel limit switches

Please note that these are different to the electrical drawing A3-300046 in that above the common for the overtravel limit switches is numbered 33, whereas on the drawing the common is numbered 75.
You could download the drawing here: download/file.php?id=1389 and the saddle junction box is shown on page 2.

Regards,
John

ted

Post by ted » Mon 22 Feb , 2010 13:17 pm

Moderors, thank you very much for your very quick reply.I have taken and printed out photos and marked where the yellow and red wires go into the block (according to the previous owner) and also the wires going out. Still not sure as to the two steel plates under the slide, one of them has a small cap screw fitted. Will send prints to address given as soon as possible. Once again thank you-where would we be without you ?. Ted

MHJ

Post by MHJ » Mon 08 Mar , 2010 11:07 am

Morning Ted.

And a very happy birthday to you.
I see that my invite to the Frolics & Cavorting Party has got lost in the Post !! :roll: :roll:

Have a very good day,

John.