EASITURN PNC3 controler how to setup machine datum?

All info relating to the Denford EasiMill and EasiTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

samsue13

EASITURN PNC3 controler how to setup machine datum?

Post by samsue13 » Wed 04 Apr , 2007 20:24 pm

Hi all,

Can anyone help with details to set-up the machine datum on an EASITURN with PNC3 controller? I have a powered chuck on the machine which is air operated. I would like to change to a manual chuck, which is smaller. When the machine has been referenced up the zero point is to far away from the new chuck. When the tool moves to zero it will not move pass.

samsue13

Mr Magoo
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Mr Magoo » Thu 05 Apr , 2007 14:13 pm

from what I remember the Z axis movement on the Easiturns was preset in the EPROMS so you can't alter the length of travel in software.

So your only option is to move the refernce sensor towards the chuck to reposition the Z axis home position

The home sensor is a proximity sensor (like a metal detector - not a limit switch) and from what I remember is mounted somewhere near the back of the tailstock (I think - or it may have been mounted on the saddle, I can't quite remember) - you'll have to re-mount it closer to the chuck to get the travel you require.

Hope this helps

samsue13

Thank you for advice

Post by samsue13 » Thu 05 Apr , 2007 14:28 pm

Thank you Mr Magoo,

I will try this in the future some time.......

samsue13

Triac whizz
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Triac whizz » Thu 05 Apr , 2007 19:58 pm

From what I remember when I had a PNC3 control on my easiturn, The reference as you say is at the tailstock & the problem with the X not going far enough towards the chuck is the stop fixed to the bed with a couple of allen screws which can be easily moved to allow extra movement. There's no cables just a lump of metal for the microswitch to bump into
Self Catering Lodges in Central France with covered pool & large grounds
www.la-coterie.com

Mr Magoo
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Mr Magoo » Sat 07 Apr , 2007 7:06 am

Ahhhh - I think you're right Triac Whizz

Just a 'brute force' physical stop to prevent you running into the larger chuck :!: :roll: :!: