Buying EasiTurn 3 - Some quick questions

All info relating to the Denford EasiMill and EasiTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

PhilMD

Buying EasiTurn 3 - Some quick questions

Post by PhilMD » Mon 14 Nov , 2011 17:40 pm

Hi

I've been offered an EasiTurn 3 w/Auto Tool Change (240v, 0-2000rpm spindle) from a school that hasn't been used in a while, although the machine itself looks like it's done little work. The chap there doesn't know how to operate it, and whilst I have downloaded the manual, is there anything specific that I should be checking (ie where there know 'bugs' or failures); I'll have ~45-60 minutes with the machine.

In terms of price, he's asked me to make an offer. What is a sensible price to expect to pay?

Many thanks
Phil

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Buying EasiTurn 3 - Some quick questions

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 15 Nov , 2011 9:43 am

Sorry I can't really help with the price as I've never actually seen one before. It's worth what you're willing to pay but bear in mind it won't perform as well as it could until the electronics are upgraded.
Make sure you test the turret and it rotates OK - if it's the same as the Novaturn then you may have trouble with the small gearbox having stripped some teeth.

I'd definately test the keyboard:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1700&hilit=keyboard+test
...and the Inputs: press T when powering up

I'd read and download all the Easiturn and PNC info you can find on here.
I'd also be prepared for the fact that it may all stop working pretty soon and you'll probably have to look at monitor or circuit board repairs and/or a full upgrade to a more modern stepper control.