Easimill 3 & Easiturn 3 problems...

All info relating to the Denford EasiMill and EasiTurn lathes and mills

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

zike

Easimill 3 & Easiturn 3 problems...

Post by zike » Wed 10 Nov , 2010 23:15 pm

Hi, we have 3 machines in our Technical Education Institute (1 x Easimill & 2 x Easiturn) and we encounter some problems with them.

The first easiturn shows the error "Machine limit exceed in Z" and as a result it can't zero. I've read another thread with the same topic, so I ask in case someone knows exactly the reason for this problem. This machine shows also sometimes a RAM ERROR on start up but it goes off by turning on the machine again.

The second easiturn shows instantly (like a flash) "Machine moving to datum position" when pressing the zero button, but it does nothing and returns again to the message "Press <ZERO> to datum machine".

The easimill shows the error "Motor drive fault in Z" and it does nothing of course.

The control unit in all the machines is PNC 3.
All the machines have been inactive for many years...
Any help would be much appreciated!

Constantine

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Re: Easimill 3 & Easiturn 3 problems...

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 11 Nov , 2010 10:23 am

When you're resurrecting some old machinery like this, then hopefully most issues will be to do with corrosion, loose contacts / terminals / sockets etc...
Seeing as you have issues with all three, then I'd give them all a good inspection, remove and clean of all the electronics.
Over time connectors corrode, solder joints dry up and split, copper wire becomes loose inside a screw terminal, chip sockets push out chips...you get the idea..check everything you can, pull apart connectors, clean, spray with electrical switch cleaner, resolder dry / old looking connectors.

Once you've done all that at least you know you're looking for something less straight forward.