All info relating to the Denford Cyclone lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Fanuc 410 VRDY and 510 X + Over Travel Error

Post by bradders » Mon 26 Mar , 2007 14:43 pm

Cyclone Fanuc lathe
The problem appears to be with the X axis micro switches! When switched on there are two error messages on screen they are (410 VRDY) and 510 X + over travel,

I have removed both micro switches and with the aide of a multi meter they both seem to Make and Break.

Please could you advise my next step?

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 26 Mar , 2007 15:40 pm

Some fanuc alarm codes that may be relevant to your problem:
(Straight from the Japanese-English OMB Maintenance Manual)

Fanuc Alarm
401: X,Y,Z axis velocity control READY signal (VRDY) turns off
I think this means that the drives have tripped / come up with a fault - check the LED status on the axes drives to try and find out more. Could just be that the machine has hit the overtravel limit and shut down the drive.

410: In X-Axis the position deviation amount during stop is greater than the setting value
I think this would mean that the drive is having difficulty stopping smoothly under control - could be a mechanical problem or the closed loop control is failing due to encoder feedback / cabling problems, or failing components on the drive / motor.

510: Overtravel to exceed the (+) stroke limit of X-Axis

The other thing to look out for, is that the homing speed is high enough - as I remember, the Fanuc controls didn't like homing out too slowly with the feed override down.
Maybe try homing it with a manual pushbutton wired into the X home switch input to rule out the wiring or control setup. (ie if a manual button homes out ok, then it must be a faulty switch)

Steve
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Steve » Tue 27 Mar , 2007 8:02 am

I think the 510 alarm may be the software limit and not related to the microswitch?

Does anyone remember. Have you checked the software limits are set in the parameters?

Nos 700 -701 704 &705

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 27 Mar , 2007 9:34 am

I think it may be overtravelling because its not homing properly, or seeing the switch