Harison TU150 Collet Chuck and Draw tube mechanism

All info relating to the Denford Cyclone lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

GRAY -ARCHERY
Hardware/Software: Fanuc -Fusion 360

Harison TU150 Collet Chuck and Draw tube mechanism

Post by GRAY -ARCHERY » Mon 13 Nov , 2023 20:04 pm

Good evening all, I am hiving a hard time finding a Collet Chuck that fits the A2-3 spindle type. Is anyone wanting to sell a chuck and Im also interested in fitting a draw tube to it to make it a true production machine?

DavidB
CNC Expert
CNC Expert
Hardware/Software: Triac, Orac

Re: Harison TU150 Collet Chuck and Draw tube mechanism

Post by DavidB » Tue 14 Nov , 2023 2:09 am

You don't mention the collets you intend to use but would a Kalamazoo 5C chuck do what you require https://kalamazooind.com/products/5c-co ... or-chucks/ , it can be held in a 3 jaw chuck if required. It doesn't need a drawbar as the threaded rear of the collet is screwed into position and locked with a screw and the sleeve around the front of the collet moves to close it so you get repeatability, drawbar use can lead to variations in length if the stock size changes. I use one on my Harrison M300 which is a D1-4 chuck mount so a similar short taper mount but the A2-3 fixes with screws by the look of it, my mount is a D1-4 back plate with a body on the front that the Kalamazoo collet chuck fits into.

GRAY -ARCHERY
Hardware/Software: Fanuc -Fusion 360

Re: Harison TU150 Collet Chuck and Draw tube mechanism

Post by GRAY -ARCHERY » Tue 14 Nov , 2023 11:33 am

I was wanting to use a 16 c to utilize the full diameter of the bore but that little thing is a am good compromise. Ill have a look and see at what that costs.