TU150P startup problem

All info relating to the Denford Cyclone lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

Ojones
Hardware/Software: TU150P

TU150P startup problem

Post by Ojones » Sun 22 Mar , 2020 21:18 pm

I've recently purchased an ex college TU150P, i know the machine has been standing for many years, so had to replace the memory batteries and I’m assuming all the parameters are lost. On powering up i get alarm 100 P/S and NOT READY ALARM flashing. Before I start checking cables etc.. would anyone have any suggestions on where to start?

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: TU150P startup problem

Post by Martin » Mon 23 Mar , 2020 11:23 am

It may be worth resetting the control.

Have you got the full list of parameters & diagnostics?

I presume it has a Fanuc OT-A control fitted.

Ojones

Post by Ojones » Tue 24 Mar , 2020 14:26 pm

Yes it is a Fanuc OT-A, I've got a manual which has all the parameters (some are printed and others hand written) would the diagnostics be with these? How would i go about performing a full reset? Another question before i do this, if i cant start the spindle and test motor rotation, could the phase sequence be wrong in the plug and cause the machine not ready problem?

Thanks

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Martin » Tue 24 Mar , 2020 19:34 pm

No the phases should not cause an issue.

It may just be on an limit switch. Press & hold in the axis limit override button on the side of the control panel for a few seconds & home the axis while pressed if it clears.

Also it may need a dummy plug in the Auxiliaries socket on the side of the electrical cabinet.

Ojones

Post by Ojones » Sat 28 Mar , 2020 11:00 am

Ive tried homing and nothing works, ive also wound both axis away from the switches by hand. The auxiliary socket doesn’t look like its ever had anything plugged in but i could try putting some links in if that might work.

If i wanted to perform a complete reset as mentioned before and input the parameters from scratch, how would i do this and what would be the pros and cons?

Thanks