Denford Cyclone with Fanuc OT Mate

All info relating to the Denford Cyclone lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

AbdulW

Denford Cyclone with Fanuc OT Mate

Post by AbdulW » Sat 31 Dec , 2011 10:48 am

Dear Sirs,
I am having couple of problem with my Cyclone, fitted with OT mate control .
1) When I home the axes the z axis values read Zero but the X axis absolute value reads 158 everytime and the machine value is always 0.
My parameter number 708 is 158000. 700, 701, 728 and 729 is 9999999. And 704 and 705 is -9999999. Plz help in this regards as I have to do alot of calculations for the right offset value of X.
2) My machine doesnt show me graph or simulation, it shows just a blank screen.
3) Lastly my feedrate switch doesnt work on any of the moving axes. I know the switch is fine because when in the parameter option, i scroll the switch and the parameters change.

Your help would be appreciated.
I dun have any manuals or any document of the machine. I just backed up the paramters in a file.

Abdul

Martin
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Re: Denford Cyclone with Fanuc OT Mate

Post by Martin » Sat 31 Dec , 2011 17:04 pm

From what I know we used to set the X axis to the centre line. Therefore when using a drill held in one of the pots if you ask the X to move to 0 then it should be on centre.

Not sure about the feedrate overide & graphics but have you checked the 900 parameters? If you have the serial number of the machine we may still have the original parameter settings.

AbdulW

Post by AbdulW » Sun 01 Jan , 2012 11:09 am

Hello Martin,
Yes the X axis has to be at the centre of the cylindrical rod that is spinning. But in other machines i take the X reference by touching the tool tip at the top surface of the rod, read the machine value there and add the radius of the rod. Then i put the resultant in the offsets and the machines reads the X0. But in cyclone it doesnt come to the outer diameter of the rod if I follow the process described above.
As I mentioned before that at Zeroturn the X absolute value reads 158, that can be changed to Zero if i change my 708 parameter to Zero (which is currently 158000). But still the offset of X remains a problem.
I donot have the serial number of the machine, the auction house took it off before I bought it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Tue 03 Jan , 2012 12:35 pm

I wonder if the offset is not active when you try to set it.
Within the program or from MDI, the Tool and Offset need to be activated (eg T0101 where 1st number is the tool and 2nd the offset to use)

As far as i can remember the Fanuc control, you would turn and measure a diameter, go to the correct tool offset and type say X25.0 + INPUT (or ALTER?).
The number in the offset value should be the X height difference between a drill (which is on centre at X0) and the turning tool (which is probably higher than a drill)

jaycnc
CNC Apprentice
CNC Apprentice

Post by jaycnc » Sun 19 Feb , 2012 21:56 pm

Where abouts are you based mate because if your not to far out i can pop over and take a look.
Much easier to see and work out with your own eyes that way than trying to visulise from an explanation.

jay