Denford Cyclone 380 VAC ??

All info relating to the Denford Cyclone lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

dgrubbs

Denford Cyclone 380 VAC ??

Post by dgrubbs » Thu 06 Jul , 2006 8:24 am

Hello,
I'm new to the forum. It looks to be an excellent resource for Denford Legacy products.. Ok, here is my question. I recently bought a nice Denford Cyclone with 8 station tool changer and Fanuc controls from a vocational school. It was not supplied with any manuals or documentation. It is marked 380 vac 3 phase. I only have 240 vac 3 phase. Looking for suggestions. The machines Sn# is E03446. D.O.M July 88. Any assistance would be a great help.
Thanks in advance,
Darrel

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 06 Jul , 2006 9:53 am

Do you mean you have single phase 240V ?

You should have a look on google and ebay for:
Single phase to three phase converter inverter 240 415
eg, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Single-phase-to-t ... dZViewItem

This sort of thing will allow you to run a 3 phase 415 machine from 240 - you may need to adjust the primary tappings on the Fanuc machine to suit 380 or 415 depending on the inverter output (probably adjustable anyway)

If I were doing this I'd be very careful about how much current the machine will use and make sure the inverter and your mains supply cables are capable of supplying the current.

dgrubbs

Post by dgrubbs » Thu 06 Jul , 2006 15:31 pm

Yes, I have 240 vac 3 phase 60 cycle. I develop the power using a rotary phase converter. The Cyclone was supplied with a black 24"x24"x12" enclosure loaded with transfomers. One in particular located on the lower right corner has some tap adjustments. I see one tap that is marked 220 or 240 vac. Since I do not have schematics on the electrics, Im sort of lost. Is there any documentation available for the Cyclone.
Thanks,
Darrel

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Thu 06 Jul , 2006 15:49 pm

I'd try get hold of a Fanuc maintenance manual (OTA???)

try: http://www.fanuc-spares.co.uk/fanuc-manuals.htm

Any of our old Fanuc machines will have used a full Fanuc drive and control package - so the schematics in the Fanuc books will be relevant to your machine.

We may have some manuals / documentation here for your machine (or one similar), but we will have to charge for the time it takes to find and photocopy.

Cheers :wink:

dgrubbs

Post by dgrubbs » Mon 10 Jul , 2006 9:50 am

Could you provide an estimate to copy all documation for the Cyclone. I have reverse engineered most of the machine. It looks like I may be able to do away with a autotranformer and power the spindle and 2-axis control with 220 vac 3 phase from my converter. Not sure about a couple of the items. Information would be a bid help..
Thanks,
Darrel

Denford Admin
Site Admin

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 10 Jul , 2006 10:12 am

We had a quick look on Friday, but could not find anything for that serial number - although there was a E03445 fanuc machine.

Tell us everything you know about where it came from, main control board serial number etc..

We can hopefully find the electrical schematics and parameter listing and copy those for around £100

As for the Fanuc manuals, the maintenance one is probably the best to go for if you can find it on ebay or the web.
If you can't find one, we will have one, but daren't imagine how much it would cost to copy !