Cyclone Fanuc OT unable to edit /input programs manually

All info relating to the Denford Cyclone lathes

Moderators: Martin, Steve, Mr Magoo

westweld

Cyclone Fanuc OT unable to edit /input programs manually

Post by westweld » Mon 27 Apr , 2009 11:53 am

I have a second hand Cyclone lathe with Fanuc OT operating system, the machine works ok with the program that has been installed before I bought it.
but I cannot enter or new or edit the existing program. I have used the CNC Tutor software that i have to write and check my programs but cannot input them into the machine via the panel
there is a key switch which says program protect but I do not have the key.
can anyone help me with this problem :?

Lone_Ranger
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Re: Cyclone Fanuc OT unable to edit /input programs manually

Post by Lone_Ranger » Mon 27 Apr , 2009 13:00 pm

westweld wrote:I have a second hand Cyclone lathe with Fanuc OT operating system, the machine works ok with the program that has been installed before I bought it.
but I cannot enter or new or edit the existing program. I have used the CNC Tutor software that i have to write and check my programs but cannot input them into the machine via the panel
there is a key switch which says program protect but I do not have the key.
can anyone help me with this problem :?
You definitely need the key, the program protect has to be switched off and you need to have the "Edit" button pressed to be able to do anything with programs in Fanuc!!

All the Fanuc keys seem to fit all the controls so if you know anyone close to you with a key that you could borrow you could easily get one cut I would think!

Possible that the boys at Denford might have a spare somewhere in the old stores????

Regards
Rob

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Mon 27 Apr , 2009 13:34 pm

We have no spares here at Denford's, Sorry

Denford Admin
Site Admin
Hardware/Software: Go to User Control Panel > Profile
Enter as much information about your CNC hardware and software as you can - it makes it easier for everyone to know what you're talking about then.

Post by Denford Admin » Mon 27 Apr , 2009 14:42 pm

If you can't get a key, you're going to have to hot-wire the back of the key barrel.
Unless there is a parameter or diagnostic bit to turn off program protect anyone :?:

Mr Magoo
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by Mr Magoo » Thu 30 Apr , 2009 23:21 pm

I think there is a 450 diagnostic "Program Protect Keyswitch Override" that overrides the program protect keyswitch :roll:

I don't have any info with me but contact Bradders - he should be able to tell you which diagnostic to change

bradders
CNC Guru
CNC Guru

Post by bradders » Fri 01 May , 2009 7:47 am

452.3 Program protect key switch override

Lone_Ranger
CNC Expert
CNC Expert

Post by Lone_Ranger » Fri 01 May , 2009 11:13 am

My advice for what it`s worth is to just go buy a new key switch from RS Online, as long as it will fit in the hole and work the same way then you will be OK.

There are only 2 wires to the switch and it will be either "normally open" or "normally closed" so check with a meter what it is and fit the same type.

Regards
Rob

debinyang

Post by debinyang » Wed 10 Jun , 2009 18:02 pm

1.Normally fanuc protect key is on when you edit a program the system should be alarm.
2.if you like after the panel you can open or shortage the protect button.It will release protect key
3.fanuc mode select switch is md1,md2,md3 signal in diagnostic. you can check the diagnotic bit. sometimes the switch contact is not good.
4.you can not edit a program the cnc system memory has already have